Chapter 30 - Darkness

Comincia dall'inizio

I made my way to the back yard and saw her immediately. By the time she saw me it was too late, she didn't have time to say one word before I grabbed her by her bra strap and threw her on the ground, throwing my fist into her face.

There was a crowd around us in seconds.

"You think it's okay?" I ask her. "Doing what you did to him? Does that make you feel good about yourself?" I punch her in the jaw. I watch as she looks at me with blood coating her mouth. Then, I punch her again.

After the third punch I get pulled off of her by Justin. "Calm down, Bradley." I hear Jess' voice tell me. But, I couldn't. They don't know what she did.

"I'm going to sue you!" She shouts at me after a couple people help her up.

"Do it! We'll take you to court for something much worse." And I watch as her eyes grow wide. I yank myself out of Justin's hold and walk over to her. "I suggest you get out of here before I lose it completely." She looks at me with fear in her eyes, before storming off the other way.

Once she was out of my sight I run to the kitchen and grab two waters and some bread and make my way back to Kale's room as quickly as possible. I lock his door behind me. He was rolled on his side.

"Hey, I'm back." I spoke softly.

"Bradley?" He seemed unsure.

"Yes, it's me. I'm here." I tell him, sitting beside him.

"I didn't want to." He tells me, I frowned.

"I know, I know." I place the waters and bread on his nightstand and walk over to his dresser, grabbing some sweatpants.

I pull the comforter from off of him and slide his boxers back up and pull his sweatpants over them, without looking of course. Once, I finished I crawled onto his bed from the other side and lifted his torso, with a little help from him and sat behind him, letting him lean on me.

"I'm sorry."

I shake my head immediately. "Not your fault." I run my hands through his hair.

"I don't know how I feel." He admits.

"It's okay. You're still under whatever drug she used, but let it out. I'm here." I reassure him. And it was like my words were the trigger he needed. I felt his body shake as he started to cry. His sobs were the only sound in the room, and my heart split in two all over again. I pulled him closer to my chest, holding him as he broke down. And it sucked, watching him break in front of my eyes and there was no way I could help.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to movement. I squinted my eyes, adjusting to the light. When I could finally see I saw Kale moving around his room. I could tell he was freshly showered. I looked at the nightstand to see the waters and bread gone.

"Hey." I spoke softly. "How are you feeling?"

"No."

I look at him confused. "What?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He says shortly, looking at me with an expression that I couldn't make out.

"You don't want to talk abou-"

"No. I don't. Stop." He cuts me off. "Please."

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Alright." I pull myself off of his bed and stretch. "Well, I'm going to go clean up. I'm sure downstairs is a mess."

As I step outside of his door he calls my name.

"Brad." I stop walking. "You're hands." I look down at my hands confused and realize they were still covered in blood and now bruised.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say. "I'll clean them up, don't worry." Then, I make my way downstairs.

"Bray! What the hell was that last night?" Damon was the first to speak. I stay silent. "Bradley?"

"It's not my place, Damon." I tell him, aware that everyone was watching us.

"It seemed to be when you beat the fuck out of Brittany." He shot back. "Those bruises look like they hurt."

I pause. "It was only my business for a few minutes." I say. He sighed, but got the hint that my lips were sealed.

"Anyways, you come down to help clean up the house?" Jess asks.

I nod with a frown on my face. "Unfortunately."

"Well, then." Lucas claps his hands together. "Let's get started."

~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours. It took all of us two hours to clean this house, and I'm exhausted.

Kale never came downstairs. He stayed locked in his room for the day, not speaking to any one of us.

I wish I could understand what he was going through to help him, and I wish he would talk about it, but I can't force him. Everyone left, and the Ryder's won't be back for another two days, so it's just Kale and I, in this huge house. And he doesn't want to talk. Awesome.

I sigh and make my way upstairs to shower and relax.

I treated myself to a long shower and when I got out of there I put on a face mask. I felt like I needed to take a deep breath and relax.

Then, I got bored very quickly and it seemed as if the universe was on my side today because I got a face time call from Damon. I answered after a couple rings, so I didn't seem obvious.

"You saw me nearly two ours ago. You already miss me?" Was the first thing I said.

"You wish. I just wanted to talk to you about. .  .you know." He clears his throat.

"You know you can say it, right? I'm alone." I reassure him, by shoving headphones into my ears.

"I don't know where to start." He sighs. And I shrug, placing my phone on my vanity, sitting in my chair.

"From the beginning."

He nods and readjusts himself on his bed. He was now laying on his back and the camera was leaning on something, and he was looking at the ceiling. "So, you brought him into the room, right? It was kind of weird at first. He apologized for kissing me and was going to walk out of your room." He paused. "But, I grabbed his arm and I kissed him, bruh. I kissed him again! Me, I started it." He threw his hands over his face and groaned.

"Aw, cute. What else?" I lean closer, intrigued.

"We made out. Fuck, Bray. I sound like a puss."

"No, you sound like a guy who has a massive crush." I tell him, honestly. "I know you're in a weird situation, but you like him. It's obvious. And you're scared, which is understandable, but none of us will look at you any differently. I say go for it and try it out. If it's not for you, then it's not, but at least you know."

He nods. "Yeah, that's true." Then, he inhales deeply. "I'm gonna go. I need to think." I nod.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. Love you, D."

"Love you too, Bray." Then, he hung up.

I take out my headphones, laying them on my vanity, and walk towards my bed, exhausted from the night before and cleaning today. I plug my phone into the charger and finally lay on my bed.

Then, I fell into a dreamless sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I know this chapter was long past due and I hope that I can try to update more often. This chapter was very interesting for me to write and I hope you all enjoyed it. I was given the idea by leehemingway. This was out of my comfort zone and I really appreciated the inspiration. If anyone else has any let me know anytime!