Chapter: Twenty-Four

Recap:

"Those trash won't even be able to find the treasure room anyway! Who do they think they are!?" Klaus ranted as Yuno carried the three of them through the halls easily. "Speaking of which, what the hell was wrong with that barbaric woman?! Chosen by the Golden Dawn, yeah right; Captain Vangence would never waste his precious time on scum like that." he sucked in a breath to calm himself, deciding it was best to stop thinking of her his mind drifted to Asta. "Moreover that kid, her 'brother', didn't even have a single trace of mana coming out of him. I wonder what the Captain of the Black Bulls was even thinking when he recruited scum like that."

Before he could say anything else, Yuno looked back towards him calling his name to get his attention. "I think it's best not to underestimate that brat and his sister." Klaus immediately glared but remained quiet for a moment while inwardly insulting the boy by dismissing him as a 'lower citizen'. It was his belief that no one was qualified until he approved of them himself.

"They are lucky if they can walk out of this dungeon alive! I'm raiding this dungeon with my maximum speed for the sake of my county; nothing more, nothing less." Klaus exclaimed before gesturing for that to be the end of the conversation. 

...

Way off in the distance there laid three unconscious mages and a very bored looking Luck who was standing over them. His lightening magic licked away at his legs as it formed boots around his feet. He stood tall while holding another mage up by his face. 

"Guh." he whined. "So weak." with a flick of his wrist he sent the mage to the ground and scanned over to another enemy who had been sitting observing the entire interaction between the Black Bulls boy and his underlings. 

"However, you aren't weak at all right?" Luck questioned hopefully while staring over at the older man. The man had some facial hair over his lip and on his chin and wore a type of metal headband on his forehead. He wore a type of robe with six diamonds visible; three on both shoulder. 

"Oh my, now I'm in trouble. Thanks for the praise." the man said with a slight chuckle in his voice before he rubbed his forehead. "However, you would really be at a disadvantage if I had set the difficulty too high from the start." Confidence rang through his tone as he smiled a large smile at the golden haired boy. 

"The infinite power of youth, it really is quite frightening." he said after a moment of scanning his underlings, one of which Luck was still standing upon. "My aren't you strong." he commented before a groan came from the unconscious mage beneath the boy. "My minions got knocked out in no time!" He stood and smiled again while rubbing what little facial hair he had on his chin. 

"Well duh, they're just minions!" Luck smiled widely while an easy-going laugh came from his lips. "If a Captain like you is strong, then there's no problem!" he really couldn't care what this enemy was saying to him. Luck could sense that he was strong and that was all that mattered. 

"I see you clothe yourself in lightening magic, it looks pretty practical, not to mention the super high attack power! And speedy to boot!" he paused and scanned Luck's boots. "The youth these days, growing up so powerful, man oh man, consider this old-timer scared!"

...

"FWHA-!" Asta screamed while clinging on to the 'ceiling' while Noelle screamed loudly from her floating position. 

"What is this place!! Gravity's all messed up!!" The royal girl screamed while floating. Gravity was indeed 'messed up', what little water there was in the room was floating in droplets all around while some stones were floating between the ceiling and floor.

In that space was Elizabeth who looked as though she was turning a shade of green that hadn't even been discovered yet. Both younger teenagers attention was caught, and they were pulled out of their own panicking thoughts when they heard Elizabeth groan and cover her mouth. 

It seemed the anti-gravity trap magic around them was most definitely a weakness for the silver and black haired girl. 

"E-Elizabeth??!" "Eh!" both teens screamed at the same time both reaching for her since she was just dead floating in the space upside-down.

Inwardly she was more than a bit angry that a little trap like this could be her downfall.

...

Trying this again, Noelle now held tightly to Elizabeth with her arm hooked through the older girl's right one. Asta hovered behind them while rubbing his sister's back soothingly and scanning the area while trying to contain his bewilderment and panic. 

"Is it really even this way?!" he exclaimed loudly before flinching when Elizabeth dry heaved again. He and Noelle glanced at each other and silently agreed that they needed to get out of there as soon as possible. 

Elizabeth just tried to stay still while her stomach did literal flips; she was regretting ever eating anything in her entire life. 

She didn't get sick very often, but one part she absolutely loathed was puking. The feeling crawled up her throat making her gag and groan. All she could think about was how embarrassing it was for her to be reduced to this; she felt like she was going to pass out at any moment. 

"No way! It's the treasure!!" Asta suddenly hollered making Elizabeth inwardly sigh in relief; all they needed to do was find that stupid room and they could leave. 

"Wait! Stop dumb-Asta! That thing is obviously a trap!" and that was the last thing Elizabeth heard before she drifted off into some darkness. 

...

In another, deeper part of the dungeons, Yuno and his group had finally made it to the treasure room gate. It was huge in size. 

"It's amazing isn't it?" the red haired girl spoke while covering her mouth slightly and admiring the craftsmanship of the grandiose door. Klaus pushed his glasses up his nose slightly while taking in the the marvel as well. 

"So this is a dungeon." he paused and acted nonchalantly. "Guess it's nothing special afterall." Yuno began slowly lowering them to the ground just in front of the gate and right as Mimosa stepped down a barrage of crystals sprouted out of the ground impaling her in multiple places and almost completely picking her up off of her feet. Klaus and Yuno both spun around completely caught off-guard as the girl dropped to the ground with a thud, rendered completely useless and bloody. 

Inwardly Klaus panicked, Mimosa was an expert in mana detection and the fact that she hadn't felt that there was someone near them was terrifying to the older Knight. He concluded that the crystal attack was way too strong for it to be a simple trap magic; someone had to have attacked, someone incredibly powerful.

"Who's there!?" he screamed out while standing slightly closer to Mimosa who was shivering while bleeding heavily. Yuno scanned the area slowly while watching as a type of crystal path came out of the far corner where a young man emerged. A young man with three diamonds pushed into his forehead. 

"Who are you, that stands in my way?" a deep voice carried over to both Golden Dawn members. 

"Step aside." the man said evenly while staring straight into his enemies eyes.