Chapter 46: Chances

(Feb 26th - 36 weeks)

LOUIS

I woke up with a feeling of immense pressure against my bladder. I looked to my side, but Harry had already left, so I pushed myself out of bed, stumbling to the bathroom. I held the edge of the counter to stabilize myself, hardly able to stand up on my own. I quickly pulled out my phone, calling Harry,

"Lou?"

"H-Harry, I need you to c-come home. I don't know w-what's going on." 

"Okay, hold on. I'm on my way."

~

Minutes later, Harry was bursting through our dorm door. "Baby? Where are you?"

"In here."

Harry peeked in to see me sitting on the ground, pain on my face.

"Oh god, I'm taking you to the hospital Lou. Is it contractions?"

"I-I don't know, but I-it hurts."

Harry didn't hesitate to pick me up and carry me to the car. "You'll be okay Lou. Whatever it is, I'll be beside you, yeah?"

I nodded shakily and he sighed, kissing me softly. "Let's go."

~

"Well, there's nothing to worry about boys!" Dr. Brown smiled at us. "You're simply going through pre-labor. All that's happened is your baby has dropped, which happens an hour up to a month before you go into labor. So you will be feeling a lot of pressure there, as the baby is now pushing against your pelvis, as if it is getting ready to come out of you. This happens in all pregnancies, because it is preparing a woman to push the baby out. For you, we'll be performing a C-section, so there's nothing to worry about! All I would say," he turned to Harry, "is to not let him do much any more. He should be on bed rest, and shouldn't be carrying anything over 10 pounds."

Harry nodded, helping me stand up. "Thanks so much Dr. Brown."

~

When we got back to the dorm, Harry immediately put me on the bed. "You'll be staying here until your water breaks."

I pouted. "But I wanted to help move our stuff out!"

Harry chuckled, kissing my forehead. "Baby, didn't you hear Dr. Brown? You're on bed rest now, and you can't lift stuff anymore."

I groaned. "But Haz, I'm gonna be so bored!"

Harry crawled into the bed next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head lightly on my stomach.

"You'll live, babe." 

"Wow, rude."

~

ELEANOR

Jared: El, I'm at your door, come on.

Jared: Did I do something?

Jared: El please.

Jared: C'mon, don't ignore me.

I sighed, rolling over in bed. I could see the outline of his shoes under my door, but I didn't want to see him. I couldn't face him. Not today.

Jared: I'll wait for you.

Jared: Please, you're everything to me.

I stared at my phone. I didn't know I meant that much to him.

Jared: Babe

Before I could second guess myself, I got out of bed and walked quietly to the door and opened it.

When I saw no one there, I frowned. "Jared?" I called out, my voice cracking.

"El," I gasped in surprise at his voice, and turned to see him sitting on the wall beside my door.

He stood up quickly. "Are you okay?" Was the first thing he asked me.

I blinked. "I- um, yeah, I guess."

"Did I do something?"

I blinked again. "Well, no."

"Then what happened?" I looked closer at him and was surprised to see him almost in tears.

"Jared..." I sighed. "It's a lot to explain."

"I have time!" he encouraged. "Don't leave me hanging again, please." He stepped closer to me, gently touching my waist.

I flinched at the touch and he immediately stepped back. "I'm sorry, are you hurt?"

I shook my head. "No, um, you can come in, I guess?"

He nodded, stepping into my room and sitting on my desk chair. I sat across from him on my bed.

"Look, Jared, I'm going to be honest, I do have feelings for you. I'm not going to lie right now." I looked at the ground as I spoke.

"Then what's the problem? Why don't you want me?"

"I-I don't- I can't-" I struggled to speak.

"Hey," I felt the bed dip, and knew he was beside me. "Take your time."

I looked up at his handsome face, full of honesty, and genuine adoration and I didn't hold back. I told him everything that happened over the past few months. I watched as his face changed from confusion, to horror, to disgust, to anger.

"El," he breathed out. "I'm so sorry."

"And I get it if you don't want anything to with me after this but-"

"Woah," Jared interrupted me. "Why would you ever think I would leave you because of this?"

"Because, I'm dirty. I-"

My words were cut off when Jared placed his large hand on my mouth. "Babe, please don't think that. You're so brave for doing what you did, and I'm glad that fucker is now in jail."

I giggled softly. "Me too."

He looked at me fondly, eyes full of hope. "So, can we give this a try?"

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, we can try. But slow."

Jared grinned. "Slow."

Okay wait, this is actually so cute. I kinda ship? ObViOuSlY younger Jared that doesn't have a wife. But they would be so cute.