Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

Looking around the classroom, I noticed two other girls on the other side, sitting next to each other. One was painting her nails and the other was talking on her phone, both looked to be the catty type. I wondered what they even did to get sent to a school like this. Break another catty girl’s fake nail?

I chuckled out loud to myself at that thought.

"Brody my man, who’s the gorgeous girl?"

Both of us looked up, me in disgust and Brody in anger at the boy now sitting in front of him, he had blonde hair that was messy but cut short and sparkling blue eyes, also a killer tan any girl would drool over, but not me. This guy screamed 'player' with a capital P.

"In your dreams," I muttered.

"Yeah, what my sister said Bryce," Brody growled, getting his point across loud and clear.

I had turned to look at my brother in shock, what is it with them these days? Before I left they didn't care if I spoke to other guys, but now it's apparently such a big deal and they seem to be playing the 'over protective brother' roles a bit too seriously.

"I can defend myself," I snapped quietly at Brody.

"I know," he muttered, "But I wanted Bryce here to get the point. You're my sister and he is not to treat you like he does other girls."

Bryce smirked, "Message received dude," and then he looked at me, "I'm Brody's better looking friend, so you like our school so far?"

Small talk. Great, just what I wanted.

"You're not that hot to have such a big ego, so take it down a peg or two," I muttered then picked my pencil back up again and started drawing an old rickety wooden bridge - it looked crap, but hey I never said I was an artist.

Brody roared into laughter, "Dude! You just got owned!"

Well, if I didn't have the class’s attention already for being the new kid, I sure as heck did now because I was sitting next to doofus one who was laughing loudly and doofus two sulking.

"Did not," Bryce mumbled, "You could have warned me that she was nasty." he added as an afterthought.

"What? I'm not nasty; I just say it how it is," I defended myself, again.

I know I can be a lot of things, but I'm not nasty, well not on purpose anyway. Bryce smirked at me, "Its okay, you can make it up to m- ouch man!" he shouted as he grabbed his arm and stared at Brody in shock.

My brother shrugged and sat back down in his seat, "Don't hit on her and I won’t need to punch you," he simply stated.

Bryce rolled his eyes, "Can't kill me for trying."

"But I can. It's called self defence," I smirked up at him.

Brody chuckled, "Yeah, our Eva is one of a kind."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my drawing, Brody played his game for awhile, but got sick of Bryce leaning over his shoulder and shouting orders at him; even I punched Bryce in the arm at one stage for shouting so loud right next to me. He just grinned at me and sat down, bugging Brody to play a game of cards, which he finally gave in and agreed too. They asked me to play, but I was happy drawing.

     Walking out of the class room and shoving Brody into other students who were all trying to get out at the same time, a hand grabbed my wrist just as I stepped through the doorway laughing, and yanked me to the side, "What the heck!" I shouted angrily, then looked up and smiled briefly before punching Stevie in the stomach, "A little warning next time," I muttered.