Chapter 18

Liam had the most welcoming greeting at the palace. The king himself escorted him to his position, and dozens of young lads were waiting for them, some his age some a bit older. Though liam's heart sank back a sob when he saw few kids in the back corner not older than ten .Everybody bowed when they entered, and the king looked around pleased.
"This is you tutor Captain Maurer."
Liam couldn't but be awed, Captain Maurer if just thier king wasn't a blood sucking monster that would've been a great honor. "I'll leave you to it captain I'm sure you won't fail me" and he walked away.
Liam adjusted his pupils he had to know who are loyal to the king and whom he can recruit for thier plan, so he decided to lay low try to know them one by one, so his first mission was getting a list of thier names and families so he can sort them out, next he put them in groups people who couldn't yet yield a weapon, and people who know some moves, and peoole who already are in the soldiers youth classes.
Back at home Ethan and the Quokkas were making a list of the ingredients they needed for the plan .
"Are you sure this stuff can make a bomb?" Lukas asked Ethan.
"I've seen some little explosive babies due to my job and since you guys don't  have the technology you're gonna need these instead, mixed in the right way and we can make a small present for our little beasty friend."
" Explosive babies?!" Asked mateo confused
"Gods thats just a figure of speech." complained Ethan.
" Okay mr baby bomber will that kill the Minotaur however?" added Lukas.
"Nope. But just enough stun for us to get closer and make it a mino shish kebab."Ethan grinned.
"Ew yuck you Newyorkers have some weird weird personalities."
Meanwhile Eliana was preparing lunch and Jonathan was making booby traps .
Lady Emelia dropped by to check on things and the family filled her with what's been happening. She also informed them that the king have doubled the guards at the cave's entrance for they should be careful going there during day time.
" I'll keep an eye on Liam." She said as she left the house.
Later that afternoon Braut visited Liam at the training grounds. He found him helping a ten year old.
"Hold it with both hands, tighten your grib, and sway, just like that." Liam said as he handed the sword back to the boy who was a fast learner that yielded it nice and easy just like Liam did.
"That'a a good solider." Liam patted him on the back.
Braut clapped. "Excellent job there captain."
"Good evening Braut ..oh my apologies i mean lieutenant "
"That's alright old friend." Braut laughed "Quite a start u did  there" he looked around satisfied .
"That group" Liam pointed to some young men at the farthest end of the pavilion "Almost ready only need some practice, they got quite the moves they shall be ready within the month."
"Excellent" Braut claimed
"The rest well... they need some time especially those kids."
"I see .Well we have the whole time in the world my friend, I trust you can do it .Now lets see how much your students know. You two" Braut called for two of the young men.
"Come forward show me what you can do." Both boys bowed and crossed thier swords in mid air, everybody stopped training and watched. They both had a strong grip and high confidence the duel went on for almost two minutes ,then Braut made a move he unsheathed his sword, one of the boys made a mistake in catching a glimpse, however the other took advantage and attacked .He disarmed him and knocked him off his feet.
"Get up. What's your name?" Braut asked furiously.
"Adam sir." The boy said.
"Well pick up your sword Adam. Now." However when Adam kneeled to pick it up before he could turn to face them again, Braut struck him with the hilt of his sword that his forhead split open and dripped blood down his face, with another blow he disarmed him, his sword went flying to the other side, some boys layed on the ground to avoid being hit by it.
Braut pointed the sword at Adam's throat but Liam was standing in between them now.
"Oh come on is that necessary its just thier first day" he complained.
"I appreciate your work captain but they should know it's  not a game. To be in the king's army you need to be worthy ,and a good soldier never lets anything distracts him. You're being so easy on them Liam." He snapped.
"The king will be expecting us on lunch in fifteen minutes, good day captain."
And he stormed off.
Liam didn't care about the stupid lunch, he knelt down beside Adam and helped him to his feet.
"Okay class dismissed , good job everyone see you tomorrow" and he escorted adam to the nurse's office.
On the way Adam asked "Am I in trouble?" "Nah not at all it just seems the lieutenant was having a bad day . You're a good swordsman Adam .
"Excuse me sir for saying this but you're  just so nice to be one of the king's men ur not like them."
A regular captain would've been furious by Adam's claims, but Liam simply smiled, he just got himself his first recruiter.