Out of the shadows

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah right, they don't come much better than me" He said as he winked.

"Your'e so full of it" I laughed.

"Well come on, we need to go before anyone realizes that wer'e in here." I said as I was putting my shoes on.

"Wait did the ship stop?" He asked clueless.

"Seriously JJ? You didn't hear the loud ass honk?"

"No I could practically sleep through anything." He stated.

We both gathered up our stuff and snuck off the boat.

"So do you remember where the warehouse is?" I asked once we were off the boat.

"Yep!" He said pulling out a crumbled up piece of paper.

"Wow, organized JJ, I like it!"

"Well I wasn't taking little mental poloroids" He said laughing a little.

We didn't have any way of transportation, and barely any money. JJ said we should hitchike, but I defiantly was not about to do that. I did have about 50 dollars, but I was trying to save that it there was a situation we really needed it.

"Well I guess we can call a cab with what money I have" I said.

"And risk John B and Sarah getting caught? I don't know."

"Well we can't very well just rent a car. We'll have the driver drop us off like a block away, is that fine?"

"Okay, google the number." He replied.

I did so. In no time, the taxi arrived.

We got in, and he took us to our destination. We got out and started walking. We came up to a big abandoned warehouse.

I looked around. Far off a ways to the right there was a man in an alley stood by a car with the passenger door open. He was handing someone money to the person in the car, and took something in return. Drugs i'm assuming.

"Why would they stay in a neighborhood like this?" I asked still gazing around.

He shrugged.

"Are you sure theyr'e here?" I asked.

"That's what she said" JJ said before laughing. "Hah, get it?"

"Oh my gosh JJ" I laughed.

Well, this is it. Wer'e about to see the two people we havn't seen in months.

I swallowed hard. "JJ?"

"Yeah Kie?"

"Did you bring the gun?"

"Shit, no. But that's a good idea."

I sighed.

"You ready?" He asked taking hold of my hand.

I nodded.

We walked up to the doorway and knocked. When there was no answer, we decided to just walk in.

No one was seen.

"John B?" JJ slightly shouted. "Sarah?" He raised his voice a little.

Still no answer.

I got out my phone to dial the number they left us, or 911 if need be. I didn't have the best feeling.

In the corner of the building, exiting from another room, a tall figure walks out slowly. Inability for either of us to make out the face.

"JB?" JJ asked with his voice low.

Something about this doesn't feel right. Maybe it's the neighborhood that got me freaked out. Or maybe even just the fact wer'e seeing John B and Sarah for the first time in what feels like ages.

I gulped.

"Hello" The tall figure steps out, revealing themself out of the shadows.

That was not expected.