Camping for the night

Jake's Pov

I had ran away from orphanage to orphanage but this time felt different I felt like I wouldn't be going back. Poor Maggie had broken her leg and was littered in bruises from her head to her toes. Though that man we bumped into was strange the way he just appeared then disappeared. Maggie was already opening the bag.

"Hey Jake look at this" she says passing me the bag "the bag is huge and full of stuff"
I look inside it is incredible. The bag is small on the outside but huge in the inside, it had food, water, a tent, sleeping bags, torches and some weird bronze weapons. Huh that's strange.

"Let's set up a tent" I say
"Yes" Maggie says "one thing how do you set up a tent?"
Since I have left lots I knew a lot about camping and knew how to set up a tent.
"Oh yeah pass me it" I reply she passes me the tent and I set it up. It was a big camouflage tent for around four people, perfect size for us.
Around five minutes later we were all set up and we payed our sleeping bags down. The sun was already setting in the distance. Me and Maggie talked to each other and got to know each other before going to sleep I was on first watch because we didn't know who or what was out there.

I grabbed one of the bronze looking swords, I don't know why but it just felt right. And sure enough I was right hovering above out tent was a huge shadow of a person or something so I grabbed the bronze sword and got another one out for Maggie.

"Maggie get up" I whisper tapping her. She jolts awake and I pass her a sword, we both sneak out of the tent and what we see nearly makes me faint it was a huge figure with one eye. A cyclops. I was shaking all over but I still charged it. And so did Maggie.

We fought like warriors, I sliced it in the chest. Maggie leaped up and stabbed it in the head and it disintegrated into a pile of golden dust.

I had a few nasty cuts but I was fine. We walked back into the tent and instantly passed out in our sleeping bags.

Time skip to morning.

We woke up around six in the morning and packed the tent up in the bag. It was surprisingly a lot harder putting it away than putting it up. Once we had finished we found a pack of crisps and we were back walking again.

Maggie Pov

I had a slight idea where we were going, I just feel like I need to go to Long Island. I can't explain it but it's like someone or something is guiding me there. Using the map Jake 'borrowed' we followed, the annoying thing was it looked AGES away.

We continued walking for an hour or so when a car pulled up beside us and the driver got out.

"What are you young kids doing beside the road" he says
"Trying to get to Long Island sir" Jake replies
"That's hours away" he says looking at us surprised "I can give you a lift if you'd like"
"That would be amazing sir" I reply "thanks so much"
"Get in then" he replies gesturing to the back seats.

We jump in and he continues driving. "So how long have you been walking?" He says
"Around an hour sir" Jake replies
"Where are your parents then?" He asks
Jake looks at me before replying "dead sir"
"Oh poor things" he replies and he stops asking questions.

Two hours later

"Ah we're here" the man says "where do you want me to drop you off?"
"Here's fine thank you" I reply and I jump out Jake behind me. We quickly grab our bags and walk around.

The mans car was already gone. "I think we need to go up that hill you know the one with the big Pine tree" I say
"Yeah" Jake replies "I think so to"

We were just about to get up when a huge group of around fifty weird huge black dogs started chasing us I pulled out my sword and Jake did the same. We charged them. A boy around 17 years old was running up to us to help, but we had already eliminated all of them and all was left was piles of Golden dust.

The boy just stared at us in awe, Their mouthes hanging open. "Where the heck did you learn that?!" The boy said. We just shrug. "Anyway come on follow me into camp" he says still staring at us.

We walk up the hill and past the tree, the camp was beautiful. It had lots of carefully designed cabins in a 'U' shape. There were lakes with canoes in them, there were strawberry fields,  kids playing volleyball and a huge climbing frame spewing lava! It looked awesome.
"My names Percy by the way" The boy says "Percy Jackson son of Poseidon"
"Nice to meet you I'm Maggie" I say "oh and this is Jake my best friend"
"I will show you to Chiron" The boy/Percy says.

He leads us to a middle aged looking guy but with a h-horse from his waist down...
"Is Chiron a Centaur? Jake asks
"Yeah" Percy says
"How old are you?" I ask
"18" He replies (A.N it's been a year since the war against Gaea and Leo is back)
"I'm four years old so is he" I say
"We're the Hell hounds the first monsters you saw?" He asks curiously
"No we killed a cyclops last night" Jake replies "see look at my cuts"
"Anyway here's Chiron" Percy says

Thank you for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed it 😆

Blue cookies for you all! 🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵

-Peace out