Chapter one: the awakening

I jumped up with a start and opened my eyes, awaking from my deep sleep. Where am i?, how did I get here?' These were the questions that were circling around my head as I slowly started to pull myself up and sat upright in the squeaky, old hospital bed. I feel so confused about everything around me, how did I get to hospital? As I tried to recall the events of what happened and how I ended up here but my mind was blank of recent happenings and what happened. I looked around me at the dull white walls with the variety of pictures hung upon them as I pulled the endless wires and tubes attached to my arms and body, the pain I felt when taking the wires and other numerous tubes out was like a cat scratching away at my skin and I winced at every wire and tube I took out until at last the were all out from my body. The last thing that I could recollect was a shooting pain up my leg then it all went black and i remember hearing someone shouting my name and then it was all a blur from that point. As I looked around for an indication of what day it was, my eyes rested on a calendar that displayed the date January 2005 and the dates had been circled until the 17th and then they stopped but beside that calendar was a bedside alarm clock with the time at 9:30 in the morning, I waited for a minute to pass by before I looked again at the old alarm clock and to my amazement it read '9:31am'. " at least something is still bloody working"I muttered under my breath.
I decided to get out of the place that had been home to me for what only seemed like a short period of time to me and put my suit and tie on which I found in the draw next to the bed, got myself dressed and opened the door to my room and looked into the corridor and yelled "hello is anyone there", I got no reply in return just an eerie silence which make my body shiver all over. As I stepped into the corridor to look for a doctor or nurse and ask all these questions that were circling around in my head, I needed answers and I intend to find them out. As I walked around in the daylight of the hospital lights flickering on and off in the endless hallways of the hospital, there seemed to be not a doctor, nurse or any patient in hospital beds in sight. As i approached an exit there was a sign that read 'don't go outside, the dead are walking'. I thought to myself if someone was playing a prank on me for nine times I had done countless jokes and pranks on the workers at my office, but as I stepped outside i did not expect to see what I saw.....