𝐢𝐯. steve and the weirdos!

𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋 - 𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗂𝗋𝖽𝗈𝗌!

Spencer sat and bopped her head along to "Hammer to Fall" as it played on the stereo. "Wait a second, how big?" Steve asked after Dustin finished explaining to the two older teens about his creature-from-another-dimension situation.

"First it was like this," Dustin stated and demonstrated with his index finger and thumb the size of his pet, "Now he's like this," He then moved his hands a good distance away from each other.

"I swear, man. It's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve replied in an attempt to ease the boy's nerves.

Dustin scoffed and rolled his eyes, "It's not a lizard, Steve,"

"How do you know?" The teen countered.

Dustin raised his brows in response, "How do I know if it's not a lizard?"

Steve nodded, "Yeah! How do you know it's not just a lizard?"

Dustin scoffed again and crossed his arms, "Because his face opened up and he ate my cat."

Steve's eyes widened and stared at Dustin through the rear view mirror. Spencer laughed loudly and slapped her knee a couple times, "That's so cool! I mean, not your cat, but I wanna see Dart!"

Steve looked at Spencer in horror and Dustin just began to laugh a long with Spencer, "I like you, Spencer!"

The girl turned around in her seat and held out her fist. Dustin bumped it with his and the two shared another obnoxious laugh. "I'm surrounded by crazy people," Steve muttered , his eyes wide and knuckles white on the wheel.

Dustin gave Steve the directions to his house and once the three arrived, they stepped out of the car. Spencer took her bag with her, "What's in there?" Dustin asked, eyeing the bag warily.

"Weapons," Spencer answered nonchalantly. Dustin's eyes go wide as Steve popped open the trunk of his car. Spencer leaned over and stared in awe at the nail bat. "Wow!"

Steve smirked and turns to Dustin, "Okay, kid, show us," Dustin nodded in response and lead the two around his house. He gestured to a locked cellar door and Steve shined a flashlight on it. The three stood quietly in anticipation for something to sound from inside. Steve interrupted the silence after a beat, "I don't hear shit."

Dustin stared at the cellar, haunted, "He's in there, trust me," Steve rolled his eyes at the comment and the younger boy's dramatics.

Spencer set down her bag and unzipped it. The boys glance over and their eyes widen at the arsenal of knives she seemed to carry. Blissfully unaware, Spencer took out a large hunting knife.

Raising back up, Spencer turned toward the cellar door and gave it a couple kicks with her foot.

Silence.