Chapter 6

I now both picked up and dropped George off for school. He said it was unnecessary, but it was nice not being stuck with Nick's terrible singing by myself. Plus, it made it easier for his parents since they had weird work schedules.

George slowly started to become less shy around Nick and I as the first week came to an end. He made more jokes, and all around talked more.

It was Friday night and I was finishing up a worksheet that was due on Monday, just to make Nick's mom happy. My phone vibrated next to me, so I looked down to see Nick had been FaceTiming the group chat he had made with me and George. I set my pencil down and slid my thumb across the screen to answer.

"Hey Clay." Nick said as I joined. He had his headphones on and was sitting at his desk. George hadn't been in the call yet.

"Hey what's up?" I asked, putting my homework into my backpack and laying against my headboard.

"I have a question but i'll wait for George. What did you have for dinner?" He took his headphones off and picked up his phone, moving to his bed. He turned his LED lights to blue and made his Alexa play a rap song.

I thought for a moment before answering. I hadn't eaten yet, since I never got called down for dinner. My dad was probably passed out and my mom can't cook.

"I haven't eaten anything yet, but I finished up some homework."

Nick looked at the screen with a disappointed look. George then joined the call, he was also laying in bed and he held the phone out to show his whole face.

"Hey George. Clay go grab something to eat please."

"Hey George." I said, ignoring Nick. I wasn't very hungry.

"Hey guys. Why did you call I was in the middle of watching a show."

"Aw poor little Georgie got his show interrupted. Anyway, do you guys just wanna sleepover tomorrow? My mom suggested it."

"Sure that would be fun." George responded immediately. I considered for a moment before nodding my head in response.

"Ok great. You guys can come over whenever tomorrow. Clay go eat now." I rolled my eyes and smiled at Nick's persistence. I picked my phone up and walked out of my room quietly to avoid waking my father up or disturbing him by accident.

I rummaged through my cabinets searching for a snack I could eat since I wasn't in the mood for a full meal. I couldn't find anything in my cabinets, so I opened my fridge and looked, but found nothing besides some half empty bottles of alcohol.

"I have nothing to eat here." I said into the phone as I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Come on Clay, just find something." Nick whined. I was fine with not eating for a night as I was used to it. Nick always pushed me to eat, and I would, yet I rarely had food in my house.

"There's one bagel left so i'll have that for breakfast, I'm fine." Nick rolled his eyes before dropping the argument. We talked about random things for a while until Nick had to leave.

"Alright I gotta go, I'll see you guys tomorrow just let me know when you're on your way." We said our goodbyes as he hung up, leaving just George and I in the call.

"Clay do you think you'd be able to bring me home from Nick's on Sunday?" George asked.

"Yea that's fine." He smiled into the camera, making me smile back.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye bye." He waved at his camera, so I waved back as I said bye.

————————