29. Dare You See a Soul at White Heat

CONTENT WARNING: MENTION OF PREVIOUS SUICIDE ATTEMPT.

____________________________

You couldn't move as you stared wide eyed at Boucher.

What the fuck?

What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck wh

And then, before you could even take a breath, there was a gun pointed at you, too. Your eyes flickered down to Alexander, still lying on the floor, but now with a pistol trained on you. One of his pants legs had been dragged up to reveal a now empty holster on his ankle.

His hands were shaking like, despite carrying a gun, he'd never actually pointed it at someone before. You wouldn't be surprised if this was his first time doing so, and people who weren't comfortable with firearms were notoriously trigger happy.

So you slowly raised your hands into view. No sudden movements.

"Samuel, what the fuck are you doing?" Alexander asked without taking his eyes off of you. Then, to you, he demanded, "What the fuck is going on?"

"Do not take your gun off her. Call your father and tell him to come here with Leonardo," Boucher commanded instead of answering. "Now."

Alexander didn't move. He merely stared at you with wide eyes.

"Now, Alexander," Boucher repeated, his deep voice booming through the study. He was panting, and when you took a closer look, you saw that his lip was split open. Then your eyes swept the ground quickly, and you found Spencer's distress button on the other side of the room,

He must have reached for it whenever the altercation began. And of course Boucher would have known what it was.

But you still had yours embedded in the crown of your watch. You just had to wait for a moment to press it.

Alexander finally tore his eyes from you to look behind him at Boucher. You didn't dare move; Boucher still had his gun trained at the back of Spencer's head.

And he saw you looking at Spencer, so he brushed the end of the silencer against Spencer's hair.

You tried to suppress your sharp inhale.

Spencer squeezed his eyes shut for a second before quickly looking over to you, and then at the door behind you.

He wanted you to leave, to try to run away in the few seconds that Alexander was no longer looking at you.

But if you did that, then you left Spencer at the mercy of Boucher, and you had no idea what that would look like.

So you shook your head as subtly as you could.

He let his eyes fall shut again.

And Alexander looked back at you, slowly picking himself up off the floor as he realized that you'd used him as an excuse to get over here without suspicion. His eyes flashed with hurt before they narrowed. He wiped his mouth halfheartedly with the back of his hand.

What a child.

While keeping his pistol trained on you, Alexander reached one hand into his pocket for his phone. You stood frozen as he dialed a number and held his phone to his ear.

Within seconds, he was saying, "We need you and Leo in the study. Now." He didn't wait for a response before hanging up, putting his phone away, and holding his gun with both hands. His hands were still shaking.

"Y/N, get in the room," Boucher said.

You didn't move.

Boucher laughed under his breath and cocked his gun, nudging it against Spencer's head again.