Chapter 4 -Sleepover

Start from the beginning

"Stay away from the pool, you imbeciles!" Togami sighed as he saw Leon plummet into the pool. Makoto snickered. "What are you laughing at?"

"You sound like a worried dad, Togami.", he laughed.

"I am far from worried about them! Worried about my stuff, yes."

"Yeahh, keep telling yourself that, Dadami."

"Refrain from calling me that-"

"WAIT CHIHIRO DON'T GO IN THE DEEP END YOU'LL DROWN!", Mondo's shouting interrupted Byakuya's order. They turned around, seeing Chihiro vibing in the swimming pool while Mondo desperately held out his hand, hoping to they would grab it. They just laughed instead, splashing water in his face. Makoto turned around, witnessing Leon nearly choking of laughter next to him.

"It's like Titanic!", he laughed as he watched Taka drag Mondo away from the side of the pool, in an attempt to save him from falling in the water. Makoto let out a little laugh, but it turned sour pretty quick. Leon looked at him. "Still mad at me pal?"

"Yes." He looked away. "That was quite the stupid thing you did back there. What so suddenly came up, anyway?"

"None of ya beeswax, Makoto. Something came up that caused me to need to leave, but I promised I'd make it up to her, didn't I?"

"What, with dinner? Will you bail on her again with that?"

"Look, man, I don't know what your fucking problem is, but here's a reality check because you seem to need it. Maizono is your girlfriend, not Kirigiri, so you don't need to get so worked up about it." Makoto turned to face Leon. The banter in the pool had turned quiet, aswell, as everyone awkwardly watched them bicker.

"Don't drag Sayaka into this."

"Come on bro, face the facts, you're being more protective over Kirigiri than you've ever been over Maizono. What would she think about that, huh? Or are you just gonna let her walk all over you again?"

"Walk all over me-? Leon are you even hearing yourself?"

"Oh, I definitely am, but are you hearing me, huh?"

"I don't want to deal with this. Enjoy the snacks, have some fun, I'm going home.", Makoto said as he swung his bag over his shoulder.

"Naegi?", Mondo tried to call as Makoto left, but to no avail.

Makoto threw his backpack on the passenger's seat of his car, and sat down in the driver's. Putting it in reverse, he pulled out of Togami's driveway, and made his way home. Not even halfway there, his phone started ringing. Quickly contemplating whether he should answer or not, he answered hands-free.

"Hello?"

"Naegi, it is me, Byakuya Togami. I am calling to see if you are alright."

"Aww, Togami, you're worried about me? You really are a dad."

"I am most certainly not worried about whatever you're up to. Ishimaru mentioned to me that most car accidents happen when the driver is agitated, and it would be a shame to see such an expensive vehicle go to waste." Makoto scoffed.

"Expensive? Togami I bought this car using a website for second hand items."

"I guess, if you say so." He smiled.

"Thank you for worrying, Togami. It's much appreciated. I'm home now, so I'll be hanging up.", he said as he parked the car in its standard spot in the street.

"... You're welcome.", Togami said as he hung up the phone. Makoto leaned back in his seat, letting out a little laugh. What a tsundere. Grabbing his backpack, he crossed the street and unlocked the front door. He was greeted by his sister at the dining table, chopping onions.

"Makoto? What are you doing here?", Komaru asked.

"I left. I got in a fight with Leon, and didn't really feel like staying." She put down the knife and stood up, her hand in her hip.

"Is this about Kirigiri? Or Maizono?"

"Yes."

"Oh, Mako? Home so early?", his mother said as she walked in the dining room. He nodded. "Oh, well Komaru is making pork cutlet bowls. We should have some extra beef in the freezer, if you can go lay it out."

"I can just steal Komaru's if that isn't the case~", Makoto teased as he passed his sister on his way to the kitchen. She stuck out her tongue. The front door opened.

"Hi dad!", she said as she went to hug her father.

"Hello gang. Let's get this bread.", he greeted. Makoto stuck out his head from the kitchen, shaking it in disapproval.

"Komaru, have you been teaching him slang again?"

"Duh."

"Makoto, boy, what are you doing home?"

"Long story, dad. Mom, where's the beef?" His mother came to his aid.

"If there isn't enough beef you can always steal your sister's."

"Moooom, dad is siding with Makoto again.", Komaru nagged. Her mother laughed.

"God, when I had a son I didn't expect him to be a carbon copy of my husband.", she said, ruffling said son's hair. Makoto layed the beef next to the stove, and pulled out his phone. Opening up Instagram, he saw a photo Sayaka posted. It was a picture of the sleepover the girls were having. Hina and Sakura were eating pizza, Junko was ruffling Mukuro's hair... His eye fell on Kyoko, who was right next to Sayaka. She seemed surprised that the photo was being taken, as her eyes were widened while having a sip of her soda.

"Cute.", Makoto said under his breath. Sayaka looked pretty, too, by the way.