Aiello x Reader | Requested

The sun is out, shining. The wind blows through the trees as men walk between the camp, I squint, trying to find Daniels. Finally, he pops out from behind a tree, he'a sharpening a knife while walking. I put my arm in front of my face to block the sun as I walk toward him. I can hardly see as I do an awkward jog over to him.

I close my eyes for a split second and make contact with someone, causing me to hit the ground. A groan escapes my lips as I grab my side, aching in pain. "Hey, are you alright?" I recognize that voice anywhere. Shit... Aiello. I quickly pick myself up and dust the dirt off my clothes.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, totally, like great," I say with a smile. He chuckles a bit and rubs my shoulder as he walks off. Fuck.. well if that didn't kill my chances I don't know what will.

I look around again, spotting Daniels from only a few feet away. The sun is behind a cloud now, so hopefully no more awkward encounters. I rush to him and grab his arm. He notices my wide eyes and smiles a bit.

"Did someone embarrass themselves in front of their crush?" He winks at me as I roll my eyes.

"It's not funny, seriously. I don't think you understand. This isn't just a crush." I look around the camp to make sure no one is eavesdropping, no one seems to be paying any attention so I continue. "I love him, like really. I do. I've wanted him for so long. Y'know? I just feel like I'd be complete. I've wanted and loved him ever since we were just kids. It's just hard to tell him, what if he thinks I'm weird and leaves me? I can't afford that. I mean maybe this sounds tacky, but Daniels I don't think you know the lengths I'd go to just to be his."

He sighs and puts down the knife, sticking it into the ground. He looks at me, about to say something when his eyes trail upwards and his mouth opens in shock. I quickly turn around to see a few guys snickering. "Oh please tell me they haven't been there long..."

One of them separates from the group and walks away. I turn back to Daniels and I grab his arm again, this time, way tighter. My breathing picks up and I feel like crying. I can't believe they heard that. What if they tell?? He puts his hand on my arm in an attempt to comfort me but it does anything but help.

A few hours pass and nothing comes of it, no one brings anything up. I sit alone leaned on a tree when Aiello approaches me. My heart pounds at the first glance of him. He has a smile on his face. He slides down next to me and grabs my hand.

     "They told me. What you said about me, loving me." Just when I thought my heart couldn't drop any further. I notice I'm holding my breath and I let out a huge sigh. Aiello squeezes my hand when he notices my eyes are watering.

     He looks down and says quietly, "they told me they've been planning it, like to tell me. But I  always knew. I can see it in those beautiful eyes. The way you breath faster around me and blush as I touch you. I guess the real reason I'm telling you this is, I love you too. I never told you for the same reason you didn't tell me." He looks up at me and grabs my other hand, so both our hands are touching. "I was scared I was misinterpreting it, and you'd leave me. But I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you around. I want to be with you, okay? I truly do but for now I can't. We have to finish this mission first and get home. Then you'll finally be mine and I'll be yours."

     I gulp and breathe shakily. "I don't even know what to say right now." He grins and pulls me close to him, holding me tightly.

     "That's okay baby. You've never been good with words." He laughs.

     I pull back and playfully hit him. "Hey!" We both sit against the tree smiling and laughing for who knows how long, thinking of all our good times. Finally he stands up and puts his hand out, I grab it and he pulls me up to him.

     "What do you say we get some sleep huh? Faster this is over the faster I get to be with you." I nod and we walk toward the rest of the guys, hand in hand until we walk into a group. I look up to see Daniels eyeing me. He winks.