He fell into his own little world as his thoughts spiraled. 

Eventually, he felt himself being led back out into the living room, pushed gently back onto the couch, and a blanket wrapped over him. He sniffled and looked over to his teacher with a questioning look as he settled next to him. "W-what are you doing?" He spoke through the tears. 

"You're going to watch a movie. Hizashi told me movies were supposed to help with these things right?"

Was he trying to say emotions? He really must be out of his element. 

"You need a distraction. Too much is being thrown at you at once. You need a break kid."

Izuku nodded, turning to the screen as he watched Aizawa flip through 'family-friendly' movies. He laughed quietly as his teacher picked a Disney movie of all things, Dalmations something. 

"I didn't think you were a Disney fan Mr.Aizawa." 

Aizawa quirked a brow as if he was challenging Izuku to keep talking. "I'm not. But I figured you needed something where they sing songs and have a happy ending. I will sit through one of these things with you, you will tell no one, we will move on with our lives. Got it?"

A crooked smile replaced the last of the tears as Izuku agreed. "Got it." He settled back into the surprisingly comfortable couch, letting the opening credits of the film lull him into a peaceful state. He hadn't been one for these kinds of movies as a kid, usually veering off into hero related media, but he couldn't deny the nostalgic comfort of a classic like this. He tried to explain the movie's appeal to Aizawa but it was a useless endeavor. When the dogs started to run away leaving paw prints in their wake, Aizawa had begun to complain why it couldn't be '101 cats'. 

In the end, they watched three movies, separated by a short lunch break and Izuku going for a run since his workout schedule had been thrown off. Hizashi came back over for dinner, eager to bond more with his 'number one listener'. Midnight had tried to invite herself over too but Aizawa simply stated the next person to enter his apartment would be used as a human sacrifice before shutting the door in her face. He had grumbled about everyone trying to 'steal problem child' while Hizashi and Izuku just covered their mouths to stop the fits of giggles. By the time Izuku had nestled into his new bed, he was equally exhausted as content. He peered out the window, admiring the full moon painted against the night's sky. He sank into sleep, the moonlight providing comfort to him as it washed away the day's worries. 

---

The next day was eventful to say the least.  Aizawa had never explicitly said he couldn't invite Shoto over... he had just told Izuku he could have a couple of friends come over to help him set up and decorate his new room. So when Shoto walked in the door after Tsu, well, it had been interesting.

"Mr.Aizawa. Thank you for letting us into your home." Shoto bowed his head politely before slipping off his shoes and coming over to wrap Izuku in a hug. Of course, Izuku hugged him back with just as much enthusiasm, finding Aizawa's eye twitch more comedic than worrying. Tsu greeted Aizawa similarly before joining in the group hug. 

"Is it okay if I show them the room?" Izuku asked. While he was starting to feel more comfortable sharing a space with Aizawa, he still didn't want to seem overly intrusive. It was Aizawa's apartment after all. 

Aizawa glanced over towards Shoto before looking back to Izuku's puppy dog eyes. His shoulders sagged in defeat as he slowly nodded. "Of course you can. It's your room now, you don't need my permission."

Izuku smiled. He hadn't truly expected the old trick to work, the only person he still used it on was Shoto. He led them through the minimalist apartment towards his room, happy to see they seemed just as curious as he had been about how their teacher lived. He felt a sense of pride as he pushed open the door, stepping into space with his chin held high. Tsu's eyes darted from wall to wall, inspecting the space in that quiet way of hers that meant she was thinking hard about something. Shoto seemed impartial to the room itself, instead, he made eye-contact with Izuku. His eyes blazed with an intensity that made Izuku want to look away, but he couldn't seem to move his gaze from Shoto's.