Chapter twelve: Skin-changers.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"To the house! Run!" Gandalf pointed to the house surrounded by a hedge in the middle of the grassy plain. 

They rushed towards the guarded house to the find the front door closed and locked. Bombur, who reached the house first, throws himself against it but falls on his back when it stays standing. The rest of the company catch up and try to open it as Aeradriel and Gandalf look back to see the massive bear break through the forest edge. 

"Open the door!" 

"Quickly!" Thorin said as he pushed his way through the dwarves and managed to raise the exterior bolt - opening the door. The entire company bolt inside the house. As they were about to close it, the bear lunged its head getting it stuck in-between the door and the wall. 

"Come on, lads!" Dwalin called as he and a few dwarves pushed the door with all their strength. Closing it and dropping the latch. 

"What is that?" Oin asked turning to the taller members of the group. 

"That is our host" Aeradriel answered and the dwarves along with Bilbo looked at both her and Gandalf in bewilderment. 

"His name is Beorn, and he is a skin-changer. Sometimes he is a huge black bear; sometimes he is a great strong man. The bear is unpredictable, but the man can be reasonable. However, he is not overly fond of dwarves." Gandalf warned. 

"He's leaving"Ori said, peaking through a crack in the door. 

"come away from there!" Dori pulled him back. "It's not natural, none of it. It's obvious that he is under some dark spell. 

"Don't be a fool; he's under no enchantment but his own. Alright now, get some sleep, all of you" The wizard said taking off his hat and looking out of the window. " I hope" 

The dwarves and Bilbo settled down for the night on hay bails with thin clothes/blankets covering them. Aeradriel was restless and walked to the far corner window away from the company, but in sight, as she sat on the ledge. 

Aeradriel's POV

I looked behind me to see the company sleeping and pulled out the ring that  I have kept in my pocket from long before this quest.,

*Flashback* 

"As we have joined the clans in our kingdom, we need to unite two homelands" My father announced to my brothers and I along with my step-mother Alanis. 

"Yes, we do and to do that one of you is involved" She smirked, mainly at me, as I shared a confused look with my brothers. 

"How are we involved? Surely all you need to do is agree to some terms" Virion said from beside me. 

"We have to agree first, Alanis. You cannot make us do anything" Theran glared at her as I realized what my father meant. 

"It is marriage, isn't it?" I asked and my father looked at me with sympathy. 

"Yes, finally she got it!" Alanis exclaimed stepping down from her throne and walking closer to me. "You are to be married to one of whom you know. It is final and cannot be changed" Her smirk grew larger.

Suddenly the throne room doors clashed open. "You cannot make her do this!" Samrion shouted as he pulled me to him. "And I got past your guards that you sent to detain me" He glared. 

"Brother, don't" I told him, holding onto his arm so he would not lunge forward with his sword. "She is not worth it" 

"I'm sorry, my child. It is for the good of the kingdoms" My father apologized and I nodded.