Chapter Thirty-One : Come Forth

~☆~

~☆~

Third Person's POV

A rumbling sounded in the distance, and the armies look up to see the ridge being covered by legions of heavily armoured dwarves, all clad in gleaming armour. Led by a ginger haired dwarf riding a battle-pig.

"Ironfoot" Gandalf muttered as the dwarves began to cheer and shout at the sight of their backup arriving. 

"Ribo i thangail!" {Rush the shield fence!}. Thranduil ordered riding through his army as his Elves and the Lake people turned away from the gates of Erebor and begin marching quickly toward the oncoming Iron Hills dwarves.

"Nagi, drakono armija!" {Come forth, dragon army!} Aeradriel shouted in her tongue riding behind the army of Mirkwood. The Penathornian soldiers came marching down the mountainside, some staying on the mountain. Virion riding at the front. Gandalf and Bilbo strode through the armies looking upon the incoming dwarves. 

The Mirkwood and Penathornian army stop next to each other, facing the other together a short distance from one another. The elves clad in golden armour contrasted against the dark armour of the dragonborn army. The dwarves, elves and men all ready in positions for war. Aeradriel and Virion rode next to Thranduil as Dain rode his pig onto a rocky overlook to address the legions in front of him.

The two dragonborn twins shared a concerned look with Thranduil as Dain started to speak.

"Good morning!" Dain greeted them. "How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider...just sodding off!" He shouted and the townspeople, clutched their weapons, stepping back in fear, while the surrounding warriors pulled out their swords, axes and spears; urging forward. "All of you! Right now!" 

"Stand fast!" Bard called out. 

"Come now, Lord Dain!" Gandalf said stepping forward 

"Gandalf the Grey." The dwarven lord looked down at the wizard. "Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood!"

"Uzbad Dain" {My lord} Aeradriel spoke up, greeting him. "Deyr ad jor- vaur kurs de dormat. There is no need for war between dwarves, men and elves! A legion of orcs march on the mountain. Stand your army down!" {There have been many changes in the kingdom}. She bowed her head to him, in loyalty and remembrance. 

Dain looked at her with recognition. "Athane Aeradriel." {Queen}. He bowed his head in return before he spoke again. "I will not stand down before any elf. Not least that faithless, woodland sprite!" He extended his hammer in the direction of Thranduil. "He wishes nothing but ill upon my people. If he wishes to stand between me and my kin. I'll split his pretty head open to see if he's still smirking then"

The dwarves in the mountain cheered as Thranduil smiled at him in fury and amusement. Virion loaded his bow, as did Aeradriel. "he's clearly mad, like his cousin" Thranduil smirked.