I'm sorry Karl

*
Shit, I forgot about Karl.
*
"Oh uh," I stuttered,"We fell asleep watching a movie."
*
"Oh, okay."
*
He seems sad now. I messed up. What do I do? Fuck, I don't know what to do. Alex was still asleep. At this point, Karl was already upstairs making breakfast for everyone. I didn't want to wake Alex, so I just waited until he woke up.
*
Karl is so mad.
*
I kept thinking that. It wouldn't get out of my head.
*
I finally went back to sleep. It took awhile. When I woke up again, Alex was still there, he was awake now though. I was laying on top of him by now, nothing weird happened. He was running his hand through my hair while his other hand was off the couch. He was watching tv, flipping through random channels. I moved a little bit. Once he saw that I was awake, he looked at me and smiled. I love his smile.
*
"Good morning Aub," He said to me, in his morning voice, "I'm hungry, want to go get food with me?"
*
"Good morning Alex, yeah sure, I think Karl made something, I heard him earlier" I replied.
*
We walked up the stairs just to not find Karl anywhere. What? That was weird, I swear I heard him this morning. Maybe he is streaming or doing something in his room. I will leave it alone for awhile.
*
Alex and I went to breakfast at this one cafe, I forgot the name already. I bought the food, he said he would buy us dinner. He tried to pay for breakfast, but I convinced him that I will pay.
*
     After a couple of hours of wondering throughout town, we finally went back home because we were drained. Alex was about to pass out when he was driving. It was pretty funny. I would randomly blast music when he wasn't expecting it, just to wake him up a bit. We hopped out of the car, and went inside. I was so relieved when I saw Karl laying on the couch scrolling through tiktok. Before I could even go say hey to him, Alex grabbed my hand.
*
     "Wait, do you want to come up to my room? Maybe watch some netflix or something? Like, you know, cuddle?" He laughs.
*
     "Yeah, of course let me just go get some water then I will be right up." I replied.
*
     "Okay, also change into your pajamas. I dont want you to be uncomfortable in those jeans."
*
     "Okay I will also change after I get some water out of the kitchen."
*
     He walked up to his room. As I was walking past Karl, he didn't even make a noise. He was so peaceful. Like he was in his own world or something. I got a glass from out of the cabinet and I accidentally knocked another one over. It shattered. All over the floor. That's when Karl ran over to help me. We both got on our hands and knees and started picking up the glass. I felt so bad, why was he helping me after what he saw this morning?
*
     We were almost done cleaning up all the glass when we both tried to grab the same piece, he put his hand over mine and looked up at me. We made eye contact. His eyes. They were mesmerizing. I couldn't stop staring.
*
     "Hey uh," He broke the silence, "About you and Alex, what's happening with you and him? Are you guys dating?"
*
     "No, we aren't. I kind of just fell asleep and I have no idea what happened after that. I'm sorry Karl."
*
     "No you're fine I was just wondering if anything was going on between you two."
*
     "Oh okay well, nothings going on I promise."
*
     It seemed like every time I replied to him, he would move closer. So I tried to back up, but he kept moving forward. I should probably go upstairs with Alex, this feels wrong to be this close with Karl. Especially right now. With what is happening with Alex and I.
*
     "Oh well I'm going to go watch a movie up in my room," I changed the subject, "Goodnight Karl."
*
     "Goodnight cutie."
*
     I know he did not just say that. I honestly started blushing a little bit, I could tell. I ran upstairs into my room and grabbed the closest pajamas I could find. They were pretty cute. Just a normal two piece. After I got dressed, I quietly opened my door so Karl wouldn't hear me go out of my room. Then i went straight into Alex's room. He was on his bed with a show already playing. So I just closed the door and hopped onto the bed. He put the blanket on me and also put his arm around me. At this point I finally forgot about what Karl said to me. I was laying on his chest and he was kind of playing with my hair. He's perfect. He's all that I need. I slowly started to get tired.
*
"Aubrey, do you want to sleep in here tonight with me?" Alex whispered to me.
*
"Yeah, sure."
*
I was so tired. I didn't even care what happened anymore. He looked at me, and smiled. He said, "Goodnight Aubs, I love you." which made my heart feel so happy, so of course I said it back. Then, he kissed my head and turned off the tv. He wrapped both of his arms around me and we both fell asleep together.
*
This was the best night ever.