Chapter 22

Yeah. the pregnancy test they did when I went to the hospital when we got back was negative.
Must we go get a pregnancy test sweetie?
Um, if it isn't a big deal to get it then yes, please.
Sure honey. let's go now!

So we went to get the pregnancy test and I took it in the bathroom. It took a while to get a result but when I did, it said positive. I really didn't know what to do. I was FREAKING OUT!! I called mom and she bought me another test and again, it was positive. Dad started asking me if I'm sure it was from the rape and not from Griffin (which I thought was really stupid because, why and how, would I be able to have sex after being raped). I told him obviously no and he believed me, well at least I hope he did.

We got home and I burst into tears and ran to my room. Griffin came up a few minutes later and asked if I was okay. I told him I don't want Bryce Hall's child in me and I don't want to raise his child because what am I gonna tell him or her when he/she asks about his/her dad? He said he understood and that what I want to do is all up to me. But the thing is, people are gonna hate on me for giving up the child and people are going to judge me for having a child at 15. I mean, people already hate me for putting Bryce away.

I asked Griffin if I could have some space and he understood why I asked so he got up and left. he told me he loved me, that he would never ever put me through anything like that and that I don't have to ever do anything I don't want to do. I'm not going to lie, that's possibly the first time I had smiled that day. What he said really meant a lot and took a lot of weight off of my shoulders.

I took about an hour to myself and to think about what I'm going to do about this pregnancy. I think I need to go see Bryce and see what he thinks about this whole situation. But I need to talk to my parents and siblings.

Fast forward to 6pm.
I spoke to my parents, Dixie and Charli. They don't think it's a bad idea but they don't want me doing it alone. I told them I could do it by myself but they were really determined I don't go alone and that I go with my dad. they asked me when I wanted to go and I told them ASAP.

as I get to the visitation area, I see Bryce sitting there so calmly but he was smiling this very evil smile and I just go numb. My breathing gets really heavy and I just freeze. I can't hear anything and everything is getting bigger, my hands start shaking and I feel really sick to my stomach. My dad grabs and squeezes and suddenly I feel okay. I told him I can go in by myself, he obviously asked if I was sure and I said yes.

I sat down and explained everything to Bryce and he just kept smiling which made me feel very uncomfortable. After I finished explaining everything, Bryce asked me if I was sure I was pregnant, I said yes and that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, and then his smile dropped and he genuinely seemed upset about what I just said.
Bryce. Cathy (me)
What happened?
Oh, um I just thought you were going to keep the baby. that's all.
Why on earth would you think I'd keep a baby that has your DNA?!
Well, I don't know. You can't just kill an unborn child!
Well, what am I supposed to tell them when they ask who their father is, and how am I supposed to tell them I didn't want them and that they're a rape product?!
I don't know but pleaseee keep our baby! Please, Cathy! I'm begging you!
I- no. and I'm not changing my mind