Chapter 12

HUNTER - Chapter 12

Wait, WHAT?! Hunter was screaming internally. He knew more than one person with darkness, so why would it be him out of all of them?! Now he was in a room with two startling beautiful goddesses as well as his friends and crush. And guess what? They were the chosen 6.

He took a deep breath. 'So basically we are going to be training here for the next six months?' He asked, in a calmer tone than he felt. He could tell from her gaze that Lucinda seemed to be expecting something from him. 'Yes, and in the meantime, you will address us as Cecilia and Mila, and we will be in our disguises should anyone intrude. Not that they will. This has high security boundaries and the only one that has the power to is...' Lucinda trailed off, resulting in an exchange of nervous glances between her and her sister.

'It's Aamon isn't it?' Aspen interrupted the sisters' silent staring conversation. Ashlyn or rather Mila looked back at him, with no sign of the nervousness or fear and anxiety that had been in her kaleidoscopic eyes a few moments earlier. 'Yes,' Mila answered, strangely calmly. The temperature in the room seemed to drop a few degrees. 'A-A-Aamon?' Kascade whimpered. No one replied. Hunter could sense all of the same fear and anxiety that he was feeling being multiplied within the room. He could sense uneasiness even amongst the sisters. But either way, the god of evil probably shouldn't just randomly appear and interrupt his executives' affairs... right?

'Well,' Cecilia said, 'We will give you a tour of your home for the next 6 months. This is the dining hall and common room. I will show you to your respective dormitories.' She led them through a hallway. There were two doors in front of each other, one labelled 'Boys' and one 'Girls'.

'Take a look inside.' Mila suggested, 'And take a break. We will assemble in ten minutes. If you need us, our room is down at the end of the corridor.' Hunter was pretty sure that he didn't need them, but looking at his friends' faces, he thought they might need some consoling. 'Well,' Hunter stated nervously, 'I guess we should take a look inside.' The others nodded reluctantly, as they went into their respective rooms.

Hunter didn't expect it to be fancy, but instead-

'Woah!'

Flint gasped too, 'All of our belongings are here! It must be magic!' He was right. There were three beds, clearly labelled with their belongings to mark whose was whose. Hunter saw the resemblance of this bed to his own at home, and guessed that this was what the others thought too. They all had different coloured curtains separating the beds, and a bedside cabinet next to each bed. There was also a big wardrobe, with 3 big drawers, one for each of them. There also appeared to be basic lounge room furniture like chairs and benches to sit on, as well as an air conditioner.

The walls were painted navy blue, with a single window on the roof. Hunter wondered how people above would not see them if they were flying, but he believed that the sisters truly did hide them well. There was another door, which he assumed led to the bathroom. Hunter pushed open the door and peered in.

The walls were beautifully tiled, with three shades of grey woven between each other to make a contrasting scene. There was a bathtub that stood on its decorative metal legs - its silvery white colour complemented the reflection of the unframed glass shower door. The toilet sat on the side, opposite to the three sink-basins. A simple wooden edged mirror sat on top of the sinks. The dark marbled sink also had three corresponding cabinets laid with fresh towels, bars of soap, hair and skin products. It was beautiful.

Hunter was beginning to think that life here wouldn't be so bad. Flint poked his head from the door. 'It looks great, doesn't it,' he remarked. Hunter just nodded.

Suddenly, a bell rang within the dwelling. He guessed it was time to assemble, even before Mila started yelling at them to 'GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE!'. The 3 boys headed to the dining pavilion, where the girls were already waiting, along with Cecilia and a red-faced Mila.