xxvii. clout chaser

- angel's pov -

- angel's pov -

"hey! can you crack and scramble the eggs whilst i fry the bacon?" kate chimed as she walked across our airbnb's kitchen and over to the refrigerator.

"yeah. sure," i simply replied back while i pulled the white, paper carton of eggs closer to me.

as i opened the small container with the dozen, i grabbed an egg from the egg carton that rested in front of me. in an instant, i forcefully hit the white egg shell against the granite and cracked the shell over the kitchen countertop. while watching the clear, foggy egg white and yellow yolk fall into a blue porcelain bowl, i smiled to myself in content - no egg shells.

it was currently 8:29am on december 26th, the day after christmas. the rest of the boys were knocked out cold in their bedrooms at this hour since the five of us spent our christmas binge watching festive movies and playing board games. with the house being quiet for once, kate and i decided to do something nice for the three boys and prepare them breakfast. moreover, i tried to savor every last moment we all shared in this airbnb as we only had half of our trip left.

with a fork in my hand, i began to scramble the eggs in front of me before i started more small talk with kate. "so... you and nick. it's official, huh?" i inquired as i raised an eyebrow at the black haired girl.

"indeed, it is. i finally slept beside him in our bedroom last night. he gives good cuddles," my best friend replied as she tossed pieces of bacon into an oiled frying pan. even though my eyes were still fixated on the eggs in front of me, i could hear her smile through her voice.

"aww, i'm really happy for you two. but what are your plans after new years?" i quizzed as i used the utensil to scramble the eggs further. i immediately widened my eyes after i heard the words that just slipped out of my mouth. i didn't intend to drop the future relationship question bomb so early, but my curiosity got the best of me before i could take my words back.

as i hitched my breath with regret, i heard my best friend let out a loud sigh before she continued, "i don't really know. i mean, i guess nick and i would have to do long distance. but he's going all the way back to america. i just- i- i'm not used to this kind of stuff..."

"i know, k. let's just treasure the rest of the time we all have together, yeah? you get to spend one more week with nick before we have to worry about this stuff," i sympathized while i bit the inside of my cheek. i knew kate was never one to fully gush about her feelings, so i dropped the sensitive topic swiftly. all i knew was that nick made kate extremely happy and that they were good together, so i really hoped the end of our trip didn't interfere with that.

"speaking about more time... i was thinking. how about you and george go out on the town today? i think i'm planning on staying here at the flat to have some more alone time with nick," kate proposed as she flipped the bacon in the frying pan with a rubber spatula.