01

chapter one: the beginning

"this should be everything. anything else?" said a woman, who sat behind the front desk of the empty hospital. she held a few papers in her hand, passing them over the counter. the black haired girl stood - wearing formal wear and staring with empty eyes. "that's all," she sighed, grabbing the papers, "thank you". the woman smiled, "anything for the ceo's daughter". minyoung stiffened and stared at the lady with a blank expression, giving her comment no response she walked away, earning glances and whispers from the people around her.

"that's han dongmin's daughter?"

han dongmin, her father, had hid his whole life from his family in korea. he had grown up in japan despite being full korean and was brought up by wealthy korean socialites who had moved to japan to branch out their hospitals. when he turned 22, his parents passed in an accident and he was made ceo immediately. the man's health was declining over his 30s and he was seeing no future staying in japan - he was tired of everything, from the debt, the burden, the boredom.

he had completely changed everything once he arrived to south korea - his life story, his finances hidden, his appearance, etc. dongmin found a modest wife and they got married with three kids; minyoung, seojun, and gowoon. he was living a middle class life, something that seemed so foreign to him yet so comfortable .

his wife found out all of this on his death bed and now minyoung has to fix the mess he left behind as he had left her the company when he had passed.

but here's where problems arise

— SHE DOESN'T WANT THE COMPANY

+

the papers in her hand will have taken her to the 13th floor of the large building. her heels echoed on the marble tile, her jewelry shined, her posture sending chills down everyone's spine as she made her way to the elevator. the people around stared and whispers filled the air once again.

when she arrived on the 13th floor, she handed the papers that the previous woman gave to her to the 13th floor office secretary and walked into a room full of the highest executives in the company. they were the ones who managed the company once her father had left for japan even though he still had official ownership.

the young lady took off her beige overcoat and put it over the chair at the head of the table. she placed her bag on the table and stood behind her chair, waiting for everybody to settle. a tall, quite wide man extended his arm, "you must be han minyoung. i've heard all about you before the ceo's passing. i believe that we will be safe under you". he bowed and she reluctantly shook his hand, walking towards the chair and took a seat.

she rolled her eyes and thought, 'i don't want the fucking company'

+

long story short, the meeting was boring and uneventful. the excecutives were bland men who only talk about money and profit - they seem to have a corporate mindset. they introduced the basic components of the company to her as well as the roles she would take on - it was a gruesome few hours. the heiress almost caught herself sleeping a couple times. after all, she was only 16- whatever her father was thinking, he was crazy.

as the meeting concluded, she thanked everyone with a bow and a few words of ingenuine gratitude then stepped out of the room. she walked through the desolate hall as only the highest executives or elite patients could be granted access.

although, she didn't notice the someone had been leaving a room in her path to the elevator. they suddenly collided as the person was walking out of the room. minyoung had bumped straight into them. she didn't bat an eye at whoever it was, keeping her eyes to her original destination but she could feel the individuals gaze on her. all she could see from the corner of her eyes were that it was a male, they were tall, and wearing casual clothing which included a crewneck sweater and jeans.

minyoung fixed her wrinkled jacket and patted down herself. she attempted to walk away without saying anything as everything felt like it was going in slow motion but the mysterious guy grabbed her wrist. this forced her to see him face to face. she took a good look at him; medium length brown hair, tall, lanky, expensive clothing, and wore a serious expression.

his eyes widened slightly as he stared her face. "han.... minyoung" he mumbled, almost inaudible. she analyzed his expression for a few seconds that felt like forever. his face was filled with shock but his eyes pained.

"...lee suho"

— A/N ;
hii! hope you enjoyed the first chapter. it's going to be better from here, i hope, so don't mind the short chapter, i just wanted to introduce the story 💗

see you in chapter two!
- nikki

+