04

chapter 4: breathe

chapter 4: breathe

suho stiffened at her question. she looked at her for any backup remarks but she simply stood and waited for a response. he turned his head back to the scenery.

"seyeon tried to call me that night. my head was too deep in thought - i didn't pick up. i took a shower and came back to a text from seojun. i ran to the location he gave me and only saw a bloody hand and our bracelet," suho's voice getting fainter by the second, "you know the rest from there. i saw you..."

minyoung felt her hands trembling as she began to fidget with the friendship bracelet on her wrist. suho's voice had been drowned out and hot tears rolled down her face when he concluded his short explanation as she began to recall her version of events.

"it's okay minyoung," seyeon smiled at the girl who fell on her knees many feet away from him. he stood at the edge of the building, back facing the city of lights. her knees had failed to work as she started to hyperventilate.

"s-seyeon, please, we care about you so much! all o-of us!" the paralyzed girl shouted, tears going down her face like crazy, "if you died, we wouldn't be able to live with it! we'll help you! we'll make sure that all the rumors are gone and that everything's fixed. suho can tell his dad-"

seyeon smiled at her as silent tears fell, "it's too late, mina. thank you for everything. even though you always loved suho, you always made sure to give me everything you could. i love you and i always will. i will forever thank you, suho, and seojun for saving me before, but now i made up my mind. thank you...."

"no! seyeon this is crazy, you have so much more to live for and i-" she tried to shout out to him with her shaky voice, but he interrupted her...

before her flashback could continue, she regained her own head and ran out. "han minyoung!" suho exclaimed, looking at her running figure and following her.

the girl didn't know where she was going. she felt her vision blur, her heart racing, and felt like she couldn't breathe. her heart was beating out of her chest as her body trembled. minyoung ran and ran through the empty hallways, and hoped she could find a bathroom. she felt like her lungs were going to fail her soon but despite that kept her pace.

seyeons face that night was ingraved in her memory. his smiled was so pained and it hurt her to see him like that. everytime it appeared in her head, she felt her throat get tighter and tighter. the panicked girl felt like she was going to pass out as she was hyperventilating and gasping for air before she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind.

suho held the shaking girl in his arms, resting his chin on her head. "deep breaths," he breathed with her, trying to relax her heart rate. he scoured his thoughts to remember what he used to do to calm her down before. "it's okay. you're fine. everything's gonna be alright, okay?" he told the girl soothingly which in response she nodded.