Chapter 16: Just Cuddle Closer

We both smile as big as ever. "So, where do we go from here?" Peter asks intertwining our hands.

"Nothing much different. Just cuddling a bit closer. A few extra kisses here and there."

He laughs. He begins to say something until a Lost Boy interrupts us unknowingly. "Good morning, (y/n)! Peter!" Toodles enters.

"Good morning, Toodles. Did you sleep well?" I respond.

"I had the best dream! We were all fighting with pirates. We were totally beating them! Then, they all shrunk to the size of a mouse so we threw them overboard!"

I stood there in shock for a minute before bursting out laughing. "That sounds wonderful!" I giggle.

"Hey! You never taught us how to play guitar!"

"Hmmm... How about this: You go wake up the rest of the Lost Boys while I go get my guitar. Does that sound good?" I ask.

Toodles smiles and runs off. I look behind me to see Peter smiling. "I can't wait to see this."

I giggle and tug his hand towards the tent to get my instrument.

-------------------------

I am setting up the campfire with Trouble for the tonight's celebration as Peter and the boys come back from hunting. He is yelling at one of them for breaking their own arrow. I leave Trouble where he is and walk over to the fight. I wave off the other boys, allowing them to leave before Peter got too angry. All of the other boys but Peter and Silly (Dilly's nickname) scurried off to play with Trouble. Silly looked frightened, so I knew I would have to try and calm Peter down. I put a hand on Peter's shoulder, but he shrugs it off as he keeps yelling at the poor boy. "Peter?"

He ignores me. Peter pulls his hand back, ready to punch the boy. I quickly step between the two, protecting Silly. He looks different. His eyes dark. "Peter!"

"(Y/n), move."

"I absolutely will not. Not unless you put your fist down and talk it out like civilized human beings."

Peter just shrugs and is about to launch his fist at me until he suddenly stops. He looks up at his hand and then at my frightened face. His eyes are back to their original color. "Peter..."

He hopelessly wraps me in a hug. "I'm so sorry. I would never hit you. I'm sorry. You know I am going to protect you no matter what. I'm sorry," he goes on and on and on.

Silly leaves the two of us be hoping to get away from Peter. Hesitantly, I hug him back. Once my arms go around him, his grip on me tightens.

Accepting he won't hit me, I pulled back and put my hand on his cheek. "Don't scare me like that again, okay?" I say.

He nods and kisses me. And kisses me. And kisses me. Of course, until he runs out if breath. He pulls away and looks into my eyes while resting his forehead on mine. "Never ever. I can't believe I almost hit you. I'm so sorry. I won't ever do that again."

"If you're ever mad, don't yell at someone, come talk to me about it, okay?"

He nods. I hug him once more. Our bodies press together perfectly. It just makes me love him more. He kisses my forehead as we walk off to tell the Lost Boys we won't be joining them tonight. We kinda just want to spend the rest of the night alone. I am emotionally exhausted and I just want to fall asleep with Peter.

------------------

We lie down in bed and snuggle so close that I don't believe we could get any closer. I've always wanted an intimate relationship. Besides Peter's terrible temper, he's my Prince Charming I've always dreamt about.

The only other sound is the light rain on the tent and Trouble's snoring. Peter kisses the top of my head as he says, "Good night, darling."

"Good night, Peter."

--------------------

I wake up at the sound of a Lost Boy banging on the tent. His breathing is rapid and scared. Alarmed, I quickly get up. Peter watches curiously as I open the tent and let Silly in. He is crying and in complete distress.

"Silly, come here! What's wrong?"

I hug him as he stutters, "N-night-tmare."

"Aww, sweetheart! Do you want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head. Trouble comes over and nuzzles his shoulder. I get an idea. I do the same thing I did with Peter. I get some ice from Peter, make some ice chips, and get a movie going. This time I pick The Lego Movie: another one of my favorites. I give the ice chips to Silly as I begin to set up the bed on the floor. "No, no, no. You two take the bed. It only makes sense," Peter cuts in.

I smile and kiss his cheek. "Thanks, love."

"Of course, darling."

He sets up the bed in the floor as I lead Silly to the nicer bed. We prop my phone (which only has 12% left and will be dead by tonight) and eat our ice chips.

Soon enough, Silly is fast asleep. I smile and shut my eyes myself.

"Good night, Silly."