s e v e n : secret admirer, or is it a stalker?

Start from the beginning

"No I'm not, and no reason. Just curiosity I guess." She nodded, looking back at her book.

They spent the rest of the class time taking pictures and writing down all the information they needed to finalize their project.

"The bell is gonna ring soon, we should get back." Chaeyeon said.

Seated down once they got back. "Your projects are due Friday, presentations start Monday. Make sure you get them done for full marks. See you guys tomorrow." Mr. Lim finished his lecture for the day. The bell rung.

"So, when do you wanna finish working on it. Do you wanna get together after school maybe." Woohyun made his way to where she was.

"We have 2 more class times to finish, but if by Friday we aren't complete we can finish it up after school that day. Is that alright, cause I still have to prepare for a test coming up."

"Oh, ya, that's fine. I'll see you tomorrow." Woohyun left.

"See he's not so bad after all." Yena walked up to them, Jay was by her side. The others walked up to them as well. 

"And he was kinda cute if you asked me." Mina teases, Chaeyeon just rolled her eyes.

"He's alright, not as cute as Youn-." Soojin started but stopped when she realized he and the others were standing right there. Naeun snickered at her slip up. "Never mind, um so how's your projects going everyone."

"All I'm saying is Jay and I are gonna get full marks on this." Yena confidently said.

"Jay, you and Jay. Good luck with that." Jungwon laughed, Jay just hit his shoulder.

"Hey, you're Chaeyeon right? Someone told me to hand this to you. Here you go." A girl handed Chaeyeon a neatly folded paper. Walking back out of the class before they could question her, or who gave this to her. She looked around, noticing it was just them left in the class.

"Well, open it up." Soojin eagerly said.

"It's, a secret admirer?" She opened up the paper to read what's inside. "I knew I liked you ever since I first saw you in class, laughing with your friends. Your laugh, it's like music."

"You got a secret admirer Chaeyeon! That's so cute omg." Yena squealed.

"Cute? I'd classify it as more as a stalker, it's kinda creepy if you ask me. Who just leaves messages like that for someone." Sunghoon looked over to see the note as well.

"It's not stalkerish, it's cute someone thinks about her like this. Read more of it, what does the rest say." Mina insists her too keep reading.

"I find it cute when you are so concentrated during class that you start to tap your pencil against your leg while scrunching your eyebrows." Chaeyeon went on to read.

"Hm, maybe that is a little weird. Who's paying that much attention, especially that close." Naeun scratcher her head.

"The person has a crush, it can't be that bad. They're just paying attention to details. Everyone does that when they have a crush." Jake shrugged.

"Well, you do have a boyfriend anyways. You'll have to find the person and break the news to them sooner than later." Sunghoon shrugged.

Chaeyeon looked at him in confusion, "boyfriend? I have a boyfriend?"

"Yes? The guy that you're always with. The one who always has his arm around your shoulder. Clearly you do have one." Jay explained.

Proceeding to look at her friends. They bursted out in laughter. The boys gave them weird stares, as if they were crazy.

"Uh, whats so funny?" Niki looked at them.

"Are you talking about Jaebeom. The guy who's around yay high, brown hair." They nodded at Chaeyeon's description. "That's my brother."

"Brother? But we thought you were her brother?" Heeseung confused face showed. They looked towards Youngmin.

He pointed his finger towards his self, "me? What made you think I was her brother."

"Ya, they look nothing like sibling." Bomin added.

"Uh, we don't know."

"Youngmin isn't my brother. Jaebeom is, who is close friends with Youngmin and Bomin. And I don't have a boyfriend, well not anymore at least. Not for awhile." She went on to explain their relationship.

"Oh, well never mind that thought then." Sunoo cleared his throat. "Are you gonna find out who gave you this?"

She shrugged, "not sure yet. It's only one letter. Maybe this is only one I'm gonna get from this person."

"Well, did they sign it?" Jungwon asked.

"There's an initial, n.h. Hm, I don't know anyone with those initials." Chaeyeon shrugged.

"Ooo, this is fun. It's like we're playing detective trying to find the secret person." Sunoo clapped.

"It's gonna be impossible to find this person. What if this is the only letter I get, and what if I've never seen this person."

"Well I mean they mention class, so they have to be in one of your classes. I'm guessing this class because the person gave it to you during this one." Heeseung grabbed the letter to get a closer look. He handled it back to her.

"Just look closer to the people in your classes for the next little while. See who's paying more attention to you more than usual." Bomin chimed in.

"Ya. Anyways, I'm not gonna sweat over this." Chaeyeon put the letter in her pocket. Picking up her bag from Sunghoon's hand, who handed it to her. She smiled, thanking him.

"Since schools over early, we should go get drinks. It's hot out and I could use a cold drink right now." Jake suggests.

"Sure, I could go for drinks." Mina looked to them.

"Ya, let me just tell Jae, I know he'll want to come too." They made their way out of the school. Jae met up with them after Chaeyeon told him to meet them there. Going to a cafe downtown together.

It was a fun time. They got to know was her other a lot more. Their company was one that you never got tired of, they always had something to talk about or laugh at. It was loud when it was all of them together, which Chaeyeon wasn't usually a fan of loud conversations or setting. But this time, she didn't mind one bit. It was a fresh feeling. She knew they'll be great friends with each other.

- n i n e t e e n -

happy valentine's day everyone 🌹