Miranda tried to sit up, the surgeon in her wanting to help but everything went black.

Miranda opened her eyes and she snapped them shut from the bright lights. Her mouth was dry and her head was pounding. She felt her heart race as she was panicking.

“Miranda.” She heard the distance sound of Ben’s voice.

“Miranda I’m here.” Ben said grabbing her hand. She no longer felt like she was underwater. Her hearing was clear and Ben’s voice wasn’t distorted along with the beeping of the machines.

“Welcome back Doctor Bailey.” The doctor in the white coat said coming into the room. He looked at the monitor before looking at her.

“You know where you are.” He asked. Miranda didn’t know what hospital it was but she knew it was a hospital. Nodding her head she tried to speak. “yes.” She said clearing her throat.

“Okay great. I need you to relax.. okay. Your baby is in distress and all of this is not good for you or your baby’s health.” The doctor said and Miranda’s eyes widen.

“ What bab-

“Yeah Miranda baby.” Ben said pointing to the monitor of her womb on the ultrasound showing the baby clearly.

Miranda seeped her hand down her hospital gown to her stomach and she rubbed her hand across. Feeling the firmness and the cords she was hooked up too.  From the looks of the baby she looked to be 2 months pregnant.

“A baby.” Miranda said full on crying as tears began to swell and seep out of her eyes.

Miranda looked over at Ben as he put his hands on top of hers. “I love you.” Ben said earnestly. “I thought I lost you.” He said sadly.

“Not a chance and I love you too.” Miranda said softly.

“I though you also had a miscarriage but our little one hung in there.” Ben said as his mind traveled back to him racing to their apartment. The police wasn’t going to let him through until he saw detective Carson. Ben raced inside the apartment and he saw Miranda laying there as the paramedics were putting the oxygen on her nose.

Ben saw the blood that was coming from the middle of her pants. His eyes widen at the sight. “Oh Miranda.” Ben said going to her. She looked at the blood under nose and her busted lip. 

“I killed her Ben.” Miranda said bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Yeah but Miranda it’s okay, it was self defense. It was ruled as that too, you don’t have to go to court or anything. She was trespassing.”

“I know Ben but I’m a surgeon. My hands are used to heal and save lives not intentionally take one.” Miranda mumbled. 

“ Miranda everyone has a killer in them. It’s either kill or be killed” Ben told her.

“Ben this is not the wild Thornberry’s nor is it Animal planet.” Miranda said hitting his hand as Ben stifled a laugh.

Miranda turned looking over at the monitor. “Aww it’s a baby. Our baby.” Miranda said cheesing. “Look at them, whew they look like they are going to have your head.” Miranda teased.

“Yeah right Miranda. Your head is big as hell.” Ben said laughing.

“Shut up “ Miranda laughed

“You think it’s a girl?” Miranda asked.

“I think so.” Ben replied as he stood up to lean down and kiss her.

A year passed and Miranda went on her lunch break. She walked down to the daycare and nursery.

“Hi Tuck.” Miranda said watching him smile as she walked through the door.

The daycare worker handed her, her new bundle of joy and Miranda smiled once again. “Awww mommy’s Miracle.” Miranda said kissing her on the head.

“Your kids had quite the visitors.”

“Visitors.” Miranda said as her heart began to race, remembering what happened the last time.

“Who came to see them?” Miranda questioned her voice picking up.

“Me.” Ben said walking into the room.

Miranda relaxed and blew out a breath. “Oh okay” Miranda said looking over at him.

“ I had to walk this way earlier today and I just popped in to say hi.” Ben explained smiling.

“You don’t have to explain. They are your kids, just as much as they are mine.” Miranda said smiling.

“you got a point Mrs. Fiancé.” Ben said hugging her before picking Tuck up.

“I brought my lunch with me but I guess you can have half of mine.” Ben said as they sat at the little tables in the day care with Tuck. Tuck ran to go get his lunch box and sat it on the table.

Miranda sat down in the little seat and she smiled at Ben as him and Tuck talked about dinosaurs. Miranda cut his sandwiches into that shape today and he was so happy about it.

Miranda looked Ben up and down and then looked down at her sleeping baby girl.
“Two more.” Miranda said out loud but more so talking to Ben, answering his question from two nights ago.

“Two more what.” Ben asked before catching her drift.
Ben cheesed, he was beyond happy.

“Oh really two more babies.” Ben questioned, he was asking for one more but this was even better.

“Mmmmhhmm two.” Miranda replied holding two fingers up.
“Anndd.” Miranda started and watched Ben hang on to her every word.
“We can start tonight.” Miranda finished licking her lips.

“Start what tonight mommy.” Tuck asked in his cute little voice

“Um moving things around in my bed room for the baby.” Miranda replied thinking quickly and she wasn’t even sure why she said what she said.

She caused Ben to burst into laugher.
“Shut up, I hate you.” Miranda said throwing a balled up napkin at Ben.
“I love you.” Ben said catching it.

“Mommy that was not nice. You told me no hitting, no biting, no scratching, no pushing, no throwing or punching.” Tuck said listing out a routine reminder that she goes through with him.

“I know right Tuck, mommy needs to be punished.” Ben teased and Tuck nodded.

“Don’t worry son I got that part handled.” Ben winked at Miranda and Miranda blushed with a toothy grin.