Operation Something Blue (Chapter 15)

Start from the beginning

"Hello, niña. It's nice to see you. Come in.", she greeted her.

"It's nice to see you too, ma'am.", Liz greeted her as well, "I came over to ask you about something really important."

"Of course, Liz. Come, sit.", she said as she took Liz over to the couch.

It eased Liz's mind a little that even though she still called her "ma'am", her and Fenton's mother were on very good terms.

"So, I wanted to ask you...", she took a deep breath, "For your blessing to marry Fenton."

Officer Cabrera's eyes widened and she stayed silent for a few moments, causing Liz to fear the worst but that fear went away in a heartbeat she grabbed Liz and hugged her so tight, she could hardly breathe.

"My polito's getting married!", she cheered.

"Is that a 'yes'?", Liz asked.

"Of course it is, niña! Ah! You're marrying my little polito!", she cheered again.

"It's wonderful to have your support, ma'am!", Liz told her.

"Ma'am? Don't call me ma'am anymore, Liz. You can call me M'ma!", she told her.

Though impressing parents was never really something Liz was extremely passionate about, in that moment, Liz almost felt as excited and euphoric as when she found out Fenton was in love with her!

"WOOHOO!", she cheered along with Officer Cabrera/M'ma.

Fenton was calling Mr Feathers in Ohio to ask him for his blessing. He was a little intimidated by him but he knew he had to do it and based on how the last time they saw each other went, he figured they were on good terms. But still, Gandra was holding his hand the whole time.

"Phineas Feathers, Feathers Incorporated.", he answered.

"Hello, Mr Feathers. It's me, Fenton.", Fenton said with his heart in his throat.

"Ah, Fenton. It's nice to hear from you. How've things been with you and Liz since you moved in together with that Gandra girl? Oh, Liz explained it to me before... polylove- no, polyamory it was called!", he asked, relieved he got it right, "Anyway, how are you son?"

"Things have been going wonderful sir! Well, since Liz got back from being kidnapped that is.", he replied.

"Yes, that was truly terrible. But I'm glad you rose to the occasion and saved her from that psychopath. Liz is right to call you her hero.", he told him, making his adoration of Liz grow even more.

"Thank you, sir! I'm calling today because I have something very important to ask of you.", he said.

"Fire away, son.", he said.

"Sir, it would give me the greatest honor if you could give me your blessing to marry your daughter.", he told him.

"Oh my god, of course you have my blessing! That's wonderful news!", he exclaimed.

"Thank you, sir!", he replied.

"You're actually the first guy who's asked for my blessing before proposing to Liz!", he told him.

"Men have proposed to Liz before?", he asked nervously.

"Well, only the two but that's not important! And hey, you better let me know when the wedding is, son! Because all the family's gonna fly out from all across America for it! We wouldn't miss our little Liz-kid's wedding for the world!", he told him.

"That's great news, sir!", Fenton said, "We'll let you know as soon as we've arranged it!"

"And kid, listen. You're a good kid. I trust you. I know you wouldn't hurt Liz. Congrats. You're a Feathers now! Now stop chatting with me and propose to her already!", he joked.