Operation Something Blue (Chapter 15)

Start from the beginning

And yes, Gandra was absolutely playing a double agent and absolutely loving it.

The next day, Liz called up the boys to ask for their help with the proposal.

"Louie Duck. Talk to me.", Louie answered.

"Louie, I need your, Webby and the boys' help with something super important tomorrow.", she told him.

"One moment."

Louie disappeared for a couple of minutes to ask for everyone's help. When he came back he told her, "Okay, Dewey and I can make it but Huey and Webby are busy."

"Huh. That's a little odd. Anyway,- get Dewey in here. He's gonna lose his mind!", she told him.

"'Kay."

"Hey Liz!", she heard Dewey say.

"Hey, so I need your guys' help because, drumroll please,", Dewey provided, "I'm gonna propose to Fenton!", she whisper-shouted.

"Oh! MY! GOD!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!", Dewey screamed.

Liz had to hold the phone away from her face again. Liz and Louie both said, "No wonder Launchpad's your best friend."

"Anway, I've got this super romantic thing planned!", She told them.

"Lay it on us.", Louie said.

"Are you gonna shoot fireworks into the sky that say 'Will you marry me' when they explode? Oh! Or are you gonna go skydiving and when you open your parachute, it'll say 'will you marry me'? Oh! Or-" Dewey excitedly guessed.

"I'm gonna stop you right there because I don't think you're ever gonna guess it.", Liz cut him off, "See, tomorrow is our one-year anniversary so we're gonna go for a nice walk on the beach at around sunset and, you guys are gonna make an Italian picnic dinner for us like our first date. Before you protest, Louie, I'm making the food."

"Please continue.", Louie told her.

"Thank you. At the end of the night, one of you are gonna offer us coffee and I'm gonna tell you, 'I better not. I don't want to stay up because lately, I've been loving my dreams and I'm hoping this one's gonna come true.' That's when I get down on one knee, pull out the ring and propose to him! Louie, give Dewey a pillow to scream into!", she told him.

She then heard the muffled sound of childlike screams of joy.

"So, I need you to be at the beach by 7 tomorrow. Can you guys make it?", she asked

"Of course we can! We'd make it even if we couldn't!", Dewey exclaimed.

"Great. We should be there at 7:30. Make sure you've got everything ready. That also means dressing up as little waiters.", she told them.

"Eh. It's an excuse to get out my favourite suit.", Louie shrugged.

"Also, please feel obliged to take as many discreet pictures as you'd like.", she told them.

"You know I'm gonna abuse that rule!", Dewey exclaimed.

"Okay! Operation Something Blue is a go!", Liz cheered.
She quickly covered her mouth, realising that she might've said that last part a bit too loud.

~Timeskip~

Liz was going next door to Officer Cabrera's house to ask for her blessing. She felt like it was a little extreme but she was also very intimidated by Fenton's mother so she thought there was no harm in it. Liz knocked on the door and was welcomed by her soon-to-be mother-in-law. God, that's a lot of hyphons.