[COME ON]

Math class. The literal bane of Roxanne Greens's existence. Currently, Roxanne was sitting with Daniel, drawing little doodles on the side of her paper, teacher droning on and on about the slope or something. She sighed and glanced at the clock, then glanced at Daniel who mouthed the words 'boring'. She laughed slightly and nodded. Daniel just smiled and began doodling on her paper as well. Roxanne grabbed Daniel's hand and placed it flat on the table, making the boy confused, but he didn't resist. He sent her a questioning look, but she just shrugged and started to draw out little doodles on his hand boredly. Daniel mentally shrugged and gave her a little grin, turning back to the bored, suddenly very conscious of the girl next to him. He could get used to this.

***
The bell for lunch rang a lot later than Roxy would've liked, but she picked up her items and carried on. She pushed the boring class in the back of her mind and looked over to Daniel who was waiting by the door. Her legs carried herself over to the awaiting boy and smiled at him.
"Let's go doodles." said Daniel nudging her shoulder. The redhead girl raised her eyebrows.
"A nickname? Wow don't cha think we're moving a lil fast eh? At least take me on a date mister LaRusso." said Roxanne grinning. Daniel only chuckled, replying smoothly;
"Well if that's what ya want-" Roxy laughed hit him in the shoulder playfully.
"I was only joking you moron." she said.
"I guess we'll just have to see if I was joking miss Greens." he said wiggling his eyebrows at her. Roxanne laughed at his antics.
They continued on their way to the cafeteria joking around and talking about their day so far, occasionally making a comment about how horrible the classes were, until they inevitably split up as Daniel went to the bathroom and Roxanne continued into the lunch line.
"Ew- that looks like diabetes on a plastic tray." mumbled Roxy.
"Well that's not very ladylike."
Roxanne whipped her head around only to be met with Johnny Lawrence's smug face. She rolled her eyes and took the rest of her food and began to pay, before Johnny quickly offered the lunch lady some money, paying for both of them. Roxanne looked at him weirdly as he began talking.
"So miss Roxy, how about you come sit with me and the boys?" he hinted. She shook her head.
"I should really find Danny ya know, we're both new and all-"
"Awe cmon Red, he looks just fine. See?" he said motioning to Daniel who was now talking to Ali, at the back of the line. Roxanne but her lip and shrugged.
"Yeah okay, i'll sit with you Cobra Weirdos." she said smiling. Johnny just playfully rolled his eyes and led the girl to their table where the rest of the Cobra Kai's sat. Johnny greeted the boys and sat down, Roxanne following suit.
"Well hiya there firecracker." said Dutch, giving the girl a little wave.
"Don't call me that." she states boredly peeling an orange. Dutch raised his hands.
"Don't worry firecracker, i've got plenty uh' nicknames for someone like you." he said slyly. She looked up and the boy and gave him an annoyed face.
"Why am I sitting here again Johnny Bravo?" she asked. (i'm well aware Johnny Bravo isn't a thing yet but i just loved the reference.) Johnny shrugged and looked at her still peeling the orange, casually taking it from her hands and finishing the job, handing it back quickly. She looked at him weirdly but said nothing. The boys watched the encounter and looked at Johnny like 'what the hell'.
"So uh- what do you guys even do? Like you've gotta have something you all do to having those matching jackets." she said taking a bite.
"Well ya see sweetheart we do karate." saïd Tommy grinning at her. She threw a grape at the boy, hitting him in the face.
"What'd I say about nicknames?" she said. Tommy picked up the grape and popped it into his mouth, still smiling.
"Sorry bout' it honey." he says.
"Gross." she mumbles.
"Yeah! We do karate at the Cobra Kai dojo, super awesome." says Bobby smiling. She nodded slightly smiling.
"So like the chopping and kicking stuff?" she asks curious. They all laughed.
"Something like that." Jimmy said chuckling.
"I knew this one guy who did something like karate. He wasn't very good though, he tried to kick me and I pushed him into a garbage can." she said laughing a little bit. At this, the guys laughed and continued on talking for a while. They got to know Roxanne pretty quickly and took a liking to the girl. She had a certain aura around her that made the boys feel like she would take on the world, even if she had no idea what she was doing. And I guess those fools liked that.

***
Daniel, sat with Ali, but was somewhat distracted as his friend was- well to put it plainly, sitting with the enemy. Johnny Fricking Lawrence for christ's sake! You know the same jerk face Johnny Lawrence that beat the living shit out of him at the beach? Yeah that one. He was confused, how could she, someone so cool, sit with a pile of crap like that. He was off in his thoughts when Ali nudged him.
"You alright Daniel?" she asked kindly. He turned toward her.
"Awe yeah no i'm good... perfectly fine." he zoned out again as he focused on Roxanne, throwing grapes and such. Ali followed his eyes to where the cobras and Roxy sat, and had a realization.
"Ohhhh, is this about Roxy? I would sweat it, the girl makes friends with nearly everyone, she can barely hold a grudge for so long." she says in reassurance. Daniel looked at Ali.
"Are you sure? It just don't make any sense how someone like her can be friendly with someone like that." he said frowning. She laughed.
"Yeah I get it, Roxy grew up with all sorts of different people, she knows enough not to judge too hard." she says taking a bite of her oh-so-appetizing lunch. Daniel only nodded, giving in.
"Yeah I guess that makes sense," he says looking over at Roxanne who turned around and the perfect moment to make eye contact with the boy. Roxanne smiles and gives him a wave, laughing when he gives a weak one back. But then Daniel noticed something, the moment those stupid Cobra kai's saw Roxy lookin at Daniel, they threw on those nasty faces, ones of distaste. It was like they couldn't fathom the thought of Daniel and Roxy being friendly!
"What a buncha' jerks." mumbled Daniel.
"Got that right, I just hope Roxanne doesn't get caught up with them." Ali says. Daniel shakes his head.
"Anyways Ali, what're you doin after school huh?" he asks.
"Oh me? Well i'll be cheerleading of course, they're tryouts today for the soccer team ya know?" she responds. Daniel nods.
"Ya don't say.. maybe i'll just go to those tryouts eh?"
Ali gave a sweet smile, and replied.
"Well ill hope so!" she says. They both smile.

***
"Say Roxy, what're you doing after school?" asks Bobby. Roxy looks over to him.
"Oh i'm trying out for the Cheerleading team!" she says enthusiastically. The guys laugh at her excitement.
"So you gonna shake some pom poms for the soccer team." asks Johnny with a smirk. Roxanne widens her eyes but quickly pulls a smug face.
"Yeah more or less, maybe for a certain someone.." she says cocking her head to the side. All the guys suddenly stop, raising a brow.
"What?" asks Tommy. She lifts her head up from her food, looking around confused.
"It was a joke- are you guys okay-" she defends. They all let out a little breath of relief. Bobby laughs, easing the tension.
"You had us there for second red." he says.
"I mean yeah, it's not like you could get a boyfriend with that attitude of yours." says Tommy smirking. Roxanne drops her fork.
"What was that?" she asks. Tommy grins.
"I said, it's not like you could get a boyfriend with that attitude of yours."
"You wanna make a bet outta that cobra fuckface?" she asks now agitated. The whole table tenses.
"Woah woah sweetheart calm down a little bit, he didn't mean it." says Bobby putting a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.
"Didn't I say not to call me that?" she says shrugging his shoulder off. The boys look at each other.
"-i'm sorry firecracker i didn't mean it." Tommy says laughing nervously.
"yeah whatever." she says.
*KRINGGGGF*
"Well that's my que." she says standing up ready to walk away. Johnny calls out to her.
"We'll see you later right?" she continues walking.
"We'll see Johnny!" she yells back carrying on. The minute she's out of view the boys turn to Tommy accusingly.
"What?"