Let it out.

Based on the last scene of episode 27.
--

Let it out

Zeynep looked straight through the glass-covered metal bars of the special care room, her eyes landed on the man she once called her love, her life, and her home. How fast time changes, how fast life turns everything upside down. Today she felt nothing she thought she will, no love or attachment.

On the contrary, it was something else. A thing she couldn’t explain, something she couldn’t pinpoint. Maybe she could but didn’t want to. Was it the deep down guilt she felt? The guilt of not giving in to his family’s demand?

She hated herself for feeling guilty for a man who almost ruined her life, why was her conscience always betraying her? Why couldn’t she for once take a decision for herself without considering others? She had so many thoughts in her mind, her brain was a tangled up mess, a mess which was making her numb. Taking a last look at Mehdi she took a deep breath turning around and started walking in the narrow lobby of the hospital, maybe it could clear up her mind?

But was life ever easy for her? Just a few minutes later she was met by Dilara’s accusing gaze.
--

“Zeynep, If something happens to my father, I will never look at your face.” This was the only phrase going on her mind like a broken tape recorder as she sat down on the chair wiping her tears which continuously fell down her face. No one could understand how much it hurt, the piercing pain was too much for her. Did she deserve these harsh words? The words said by no one but her daughter?

Dilara was none less than a daughter for her.

Almost a year of togetherness made her so much attached to this young girl that she could never explain. Today, this sentence acted as a soul-crushing weapon. Nothing broke her like Dilara's words, not Cemile's accusations, not Nuh's lack of understanding, not even Benal's pure selfishness.

Maybe the one you love hurt you the most?

Her series of thoughts broke as she noticed a hustle around her. Doctors and Paramedic staff rushing towards Mehdi's room declaring an emergency. Karaca family sobbing trying to hold onto a string of hope they were left with.

She stood up and took quiet steps towards the chaos. Her heart beating faster than ever, her head was throbbing harder with every footstep. Finally standing next to a hysterical Dilara she looked at the dying man as accusations once again started to attack her.

“Ah Zeynep ah, why couldn’t you free him? Why is your pride so huge? My brother is going to die. He is dying. This is all because of you!” Cemile held her hand and turned her around harshly almost screaming at her.

She swallowed hard, gulping down her tears she tried to speak but words fell silent. She wanted to scream that she was the one who was abused, she was the one who got kidnapped, she was the one who was almost killed by this man but words were betraying her.

“My baba is dying, he will die. You are safe, right? I could have told him not to bother you, he would have listened to me. I told you but no! You only wanted to think about yourself.” Dilara once again gave her a hateful look as she spoke.

“Kibrit…” she could barely whisper in return, her numbness was taking over her. Her breathing was getting shallow second by second, she could feel another panic attack on the rise. She desperately wanted to get out of here but she couldn’t. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t breathe.