Chapter 2 - The Meeting

"Shit sorry, I thought I was the only one here." She said as she got up from behind the piano and moving to see who was standing in the door way.

"No it's cool, I just came back to get this." The tall blonde said as he moved more into the room lifting his laptop in his arms to show her.

She stood awkwardly playing with her hands, she'd met him but he didn't remember her and why would he she was only the coffee girl.

"I'm Owen by the way." He wanted to tell her she had an amazing voice but he felt like maybe it wasn't the time considering how nervous she looked.

"No I know, I work here too." She said lifting the pass from around her neck kinda to prove to him that she wasn't some weirdo who had broken in.

"Wait are you Madi's friend who's on the crew? Errmm." He ran a hand though his hair trying to think what she had said her name was. He felt bad that they kinda hadn't met before, Madi said she'd asked her to hang out with them before but she'd always said no.

"Penelope." She said moving back to the top of the piano to pick up all her stuff again. "Yeah me and Madi just got on well at boot camp, sorry again." She put her head down and sped walked past him before he had a chance to speak again and out the building only taking a breathe once she got in the car.

"Why are you so awkward Pen." She said as she hit her head down on the steering wheel.

Turns out that as well as being one of last to leave the build she was also one of the first in the build that morning too

She stood in front of the breakfast table just staring ahead far to tired to concentrate as she let her tea brew.

"How was your first day?" She blinked a few times as she realised the man next to her was actually talking to her.

She turned to see Adam, who was technically her boss. He was head of crew, she didn't really know what that meant but if she had any problems or didn't know what she as meant to do he was the guy to talk to.

"Oh errr yeah it was fine thank you, why did someone say something? Did I do something wrong?" She felt her palms getting sweating as he just laughed at her sudden panic.

"No Penelope, if anything everyone said you did a great job and the guy at the security gate said you were the last one here? You know you can go home right?" He picked up a muffin and started to eat it as her cheeks started to go red.

"Yeah I just wanted to get my bearings when no one was here sorry." She took a sip of her tea feeling the warmth of the liquid flow though her body.

"Madison's going to be here in a minute can you take these to her? Just a couple script changes." Another lady said coming up behind her passing her a new script for todays scenes.

"Right I better get these highlighted and to Madi, I'll see you later." She said waving to him at she pulling a pink highlighter out her back pocket.