“Good morning,” Elena said, smiling brightly at her.

“Good morning.”

“Here.” Elena handed her a bag.

Jessie collected the bag from Elena. She looked at her for an explanation. 

“You didn't have any clothes with you when you came here yesterday.  I brought some of mine for you. I hope you don't mind?” 

 Jessie shook her head. “Thanks.” 

"You’re welcome. Breakfast will be served soon; please join us downstairs.” 

“Okay.” She closed the door right after Elena left. 

Jessie went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. She looked through the clothes Elena gave to her. She had felt uncomfortable when Michael was staring at her, and she didn’t want a repeat of it. She selected her outfits and put them on. She looked at herself in the mirror and was comfortable with the clothes she had on. Jessie was satisfied when she looked at her well-covered body. She glanced at the mirror one final time just to be sure her entire body was covered before she left the room. 

                           ****

“Hey, Uncle Michael.” Ariel ran to her uncle.

“What is it? I hope you and Grey aren’t fooling around.” Michael looked over her shoulder for Grey. 

 “No, far from it.” 

 “Then what is it?”

“Grey and I heard movements coming from the guest room. I think there’s someone in there.” 

 “Where’s Grey?” Michael asked. 

“He is upstairs.” 

Before Michael could say anything, they heard a sound. Michael rushed upstairs quickly with the rest of the family. 

                         ****

Jessie left the room. Before she could take a step further, she was attacked. She was fast enough to block the punch the attacker sent her way. Jessie looked at her attacker. However, she did not recognize him. She did not even think before she threw a punch at her attacker. Her eyes widened in shock when her attacker's eyes flashed red. She backed away quickly.

“How dare you touch me?” Her attacker growled. 

 He was about to pounce on her when a voice stopped him.

“Grey!” Michael shouted. 

Ariel reacted quickly. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him back.

“Who is this?” Jessie pointed at Grey, who glared at her. 

“This is Grey, and this is Ariel. Ariel is Raguel and Elena's daughter, and Grey is her soulmate,” Michael explained.

“We’re sorry for the misunderstanding. I forgot to inform them we had a guest,” Elena chipped in.

“Grey, apologize to her,"  Michael demanded. 

 “But...”

 One look from Michael made him shut his mouth. 

“Sorry,” he mumbled. 

 “Grey let me take a look at your face,” Raphael said. 

Grey walked closer to Raphael, and the latter positioned his hand on Grey’s face, healing him instantly. 

‘I have to get used to seeing people heal instantly,’ Jessie gulped.

“Alright, now that everything’s settled, let's go downstairs for breakfast,” Elena said. 

Jessie sat down and eyed the food in front of her. She wasted no time before digging into her meal. In no time, she was done. She was still hungry; however, she was feeling awkward asking for more.

Michael, who had been watching her, slid another plate of food to her. 

"You should eat more," he said gently. 

Jessie nodded her head and ate the plate of food Michael gave to her. Still feeling guilty, she helped carry the dishes to the sink after the entire family was done eating. She was about to wash them when Elena walked in.

"No, don't worry about that. Ariel will do the dishes,"  Elena said. 

"No, it's fine. Let me wash them."

"Okay." 

After Jessie was done washing the dishes, she noticed that the rest of the family was seated in the living room. She turned to walk past them.

"Join us, Jessie," Ariel said. She stopped Jessie before she could take a step towards the stairs. 

Jessie wanted to deny but caught sight of Michael’s eyes on her. 

"Please," Ariel begged.  Her mother had explained the reason why Jessie was in their home. Ariel felt sorry for her. She was also trying to make amends for what happened earlier between her soulmate and Jessie. 

"Okay," Jessie said and sat on the couch. 

She thought she saw a hint of a smile on Michael's face when she sat down. ‘I could be wrong,’ she thought. She rested her back on the couch and let herself relax as she watched the TV.