everything gets better again

Start from the beginning

"H-hey, Basil!" you yelled. "Can I talk to you for a minute, please?"

He looked up to see you, and he slowly wandered over. "What's up? I haven't seen you since last week." His tone was bitter, but he looked regretful.

"I just wanted to apologise for that. I know it was something that was hard for you to say, and although I don't think I'll ever fully accept the fact that you killed someone, I want to see if we can continue being... us, you know?"

After a second, he burst into tears, leaning over the fence to embrace you, planting a large kiss on your lips. "I-I never wanted to break up, YN!! Apology accepted, I adore you!"

MARI
You were storming back home through the bushes, Mari and the others chasing after you. They all were yelling for you to come back, but you ignored them until you reached your front door. Mari was breathing heavily. "Y-YN, you're really fast... Please listen to me."

"Why should I-"

"It was a dream! I was telling the others about a dream I had. Someone was saying those things about you. I-I was trying to reject their notions." The others gave nods and hums of affirmation. "I'd never say any of those things, you know! I adore you, YN!"

You stared back at her and saw the desperation and adoration in her eyes. Then, after some careful consideration, you wandered into her arms, and she pressed a loving kiss to your forehead. The others let out a simultaneous 'aww' of happiness.

"...I trust you, Mari."

SUNNY
You slowly opened your eyes to see you were in a hospital bed. Your whole body ached sadly. And, a teary-eyed Sunny was sitting in the chair next to you. It was the first time you had ever seen him cry. It made you feel just as upset. After a while, he noticed you and rubbed a hand on his sleeve. You glanced over to the clock. It was 3:00 in the morning. The bags underneath his eyes looked like he had been awake for a while.

"Y-YN!! You're ok!" he said, and then he did the impossible. He smiled widely, and kissed you.

"Hmm... I wouldn't even think about dying on you, Sunny."

He called the nurses in to announce that you had woken up. He couldn't stop apologising. And, when you insisted he got some sleep alongside Mari, he dug his heels in. "YN... YN, I love you. And I'm really, really sorry again, I feel absolutely terrible."

"...I love you too. And, apology accepted... Again."

KEL
You were laying down in the spare bedroom at Kel's house. His parents had insisted that you stayed the night, considering it'd be too difficult to get back home. You were half asleep. The moon was shining brightly through the open curtains. It was just as bright as a light. So, it illuminated the door as it opened. Kel had made his way into your room. He was coated in band-aids, his hair was damp, and he had a change of clothes.

"YN? Are you awake? Can I say something?" You nodded. He walked over to the bed and laid down next to you, carefully giving you a hug. He smelt like sandalwood, and he was warm. He shuffled a little, in an attempt to get comfortable with all of the bandages.

"I wanted to say sorry for yelling at you earlier," he whispered. "I feel really bad... I just didn't want you to get hurt, or worse. I couldn't forgive myself if something bad happened to you, you know. I was scared. I knew I was losing, but I didn't want to say anything. Not to mention that I physically couldn't, heh. Something in my back feels out of place, I should probably go to the doctor about that tomorrow, shouldn't I? Anyway... I just really hope you can forgive me, because I love you, and I don't want to ever lose you."

You rolled over to rest your head on his chest. You could feel his heartbeat as it pounded rhythmically. He placed a kiss to your head, resting a protective arm over you. It made you drowsily smile.