26- A Peaceful Flowing River

Start from the beginning

"Good. His days are numbered." Niall didn't even plan on saying that out loud but all of them heard him.

Louis turned so he was looking at Niall's face. "What? What do you mean by that?"

Harry opened his mouth, ready to jump in and help Niall because he knew that they hadn't planned on telling anyone yet.

But Niall beat him to it.

"I'm hungry, wanna whip something for me? I miss your cooking." Niall said, effectively changing the subject and distracting Louis from his question.

He didn't like cooking but he liked cooking for Niall because he thought of him as his little brother.

"Sure. I'll cook for you on one condition."

"Let's hear it." Niall asked curiously.

"If you come down to the kitchen with me and watch me while I cook." Louis said. They always did that back when they lived together. If one of them was cooking, the other would be sat watching.

Niall groaned then.

"Do I have to?"

"Do you wanna have my cooking?" Louis retorted and Niall rolled his eyes.

"Fineeeee." He grumbled.

He stood up with the help of Louis and kissed Harry's cheek then he left with Louis to go down to the kitchen.

*

It was a week later, which meant that Niall was almost in his fifth month. He was still not completely back to his bubbly old self but they were getting there.

Harry had just gotten out of the shower and saw Niall sat on the bed with a small yellow box and a couple of little cute onesies.

"Baby, what are you doing?" Harry asked when he was closer to Niall.

Niall turned around with a smile, a real smile on his face which Harry hadn't seen in what felt like forever.

"What do you think of the name River?" Niall asked and Harry smiled back. They had gone down to the little river in the Palace grounds the previous week and just liked the peace and quiet that was there.

It was a good name, Harry reckoned.

"It's a great name. A peaceful flowing river. Good meaning too. Why?"

Niall patted the space on the bed and Harry sat down.

"One of our babies is gone, but I'd like to think they are gone to a peaceful place..." Niall started.

"...a place as peaceful as a quiet River." Harry finished for Niall and the blond grinned with a nod.

"Exactly."

Niall was smiling, grinning even and Harry was more than grateful to his lucky stars.

Accepting the fact that their baby was gone was the first step to healing and he was glad Niall was taking that step, although Corey and Natasha weren't gonna go scot free.

Harry pulled Niall into his chest and hugged him tightly. He had missed his husband. He was really close but far enough away. It was good to have him back.

"You still haven't told me what you are doing with this?" Harry asked after they had pulled away from the hug and gestured to the things on the bed.

Niall took everything out of the box and put them on the bed and Harry then saw that there were a couple of sonograms too and a small baby book as well.

"Memories, something to remember River from." Niall said with a wide smile and Harry couldn't help his own.

"You are too cute. I love you baby." Harry said and pinched Niall's cheek who swatted his hand away. "You made a literal box of Memories."