𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒 | 003

song recs °∴,*⋅✲ rises the moon, any raveena

For (Y/N), the hospital was not a fun place. A large cold building that smelt like cleaning products constantly filled with worry and grief was obviously not a place to call home, even if she did spend more time there than she did at her own house.

Her own house was not home.

She had been doing her usual check-up, though it was almost always the same thing. The same tests, the same pitying looks from the doctors, the same white bed with the same sheets as thin as paper. The only thing that ever changed was how long she had left to live, a clock that ticked by to mark every second she lost.

"You haven't been doing energy-draining activities?"

"No,"

"You haven't exerted yourself physically?"

"No,"

"Emotionally?"

"..." She paused, "No,"

A lie. The single word to deny his question slipped out of her mouth easily, a single shake of a head that was enough to mask the truth. She knew that it was causing her to die faster, but they would just keep her locked up in the room if she had told the truth. She couldn't say, 'I've fallen in love'.

Her condition made it so her brain couldn't store up energy other than the bare minimum, no matter how hard it tried. Every day it used the least amount of energy it could to do every task, say every word, produce every thought. If she felt an emotion too strongly or did something physically tiring, her brain could quite literally just decide not to work anymore.

In a way, the more she fell for Kiyoko, the quicker she died.

She sighed, waiting for the doctor to write whatever notes he was taking on his clipboard.

There was barely a single hue in her room, almost as if every bit of life had been sucked away from it. In more ways than one, it had been. That room was the place that constantly reminded her she was dying, and she couldn't help but think about the people that had died in there too.