The Truth

***Thank you for taking the time to read my book! I will keep uploading more chapters. Hope you enjoy.***

A great boom resounded from inside Wei Meiying's tomb. The stones creaked loudly as they opened the entrance. From the cave mouth, out came an enraged and surprised Wang Lei. For when he approached his dead wife's tomb, he saw only the fabric of her dress laying in the crystal coffin.

Confused, he hurriedly walked out of the tomb and went over to Die Heng because he holds accounts of all the births and deaths in the realms. The sudden change of Wang Lei demeanor by coming out of the tomb swiftly made the other immortals alarmed and nervous.

 They had never seen Wang Lei show emotion; nonetheless, worry and anger that brightly showed on his usually indifferent face. Once Wang Lei approached Die Heng, he waved his arm and purple light shot out as he grabbed onto Die Heng's arm.

The immortals watched as Wang Lei swiftly walked to Die Heng and disappeared. Confused emotions lingered in the air among the immortals. 

Just not too long ago they were mourning the loss of their late Empress and then watched the late Emperor storm out of the tomb and disappear. Many of them feel like they have missed some very important information.

Li Jing scratched his head as he whispered, "First I got hit in the head with a fan and then Wang Lei stormed out of the tomb, now we are left in the dust not knowing what's going on" sigh, "what next, the Empress is going to walk outside of the tomb and say surprise!" 

He jokingly added with a wave of his arm and a chuckle, "This is really a confusing day."

He then walked away from the clearing. As his figure walked past the forest, he didn't notice the man in black watching him.

The demon lord, Liu Wei, watched Li Jing walk away. He had overheard what Li Jing said and thought what he said was strange. Thinking to himself he said, 'I should follow Wang Lei if I am to find out anything about Wei Meiying.' 

With a quick forlorn glance at the tomb, he disappeared. The only thing that indicated someone was there in the shadows was a lingering black fog that disappeared into the dark night.

A few seconds later the two immortals appeared in a clearing in the middle of a forest. Wang Lei went over to a spot in the clearing and materialized a table, chairs and his favorite tea cups in the shape of a phoenix, before sitting down on one of the chairs. 

He knew that the only way to find answers about his wife is to sit down and converse with Die Heng in a private area. The information he is about to receive shouldn't be heard by just any wandering ears.

Wang Lei tried not to show emotion as he eagerly wanted to know if his wife was reincarnated. That is the only logical explanation that he could think of because tomb robbers would take everything but instead her golden white silk robe was left behind. Also, there is no way that anyone but him could get into a heavily protected tomb.

Die Heng wiped the imaginary dust off his robes as he amusingly said, "Wang Lei, we have been friends for thousands of years. A heads up would be nice before dragging me to an unknown place." 

Whispering under his breath he added, "After all these years you'd think I would get used to Wang Lei's treatment of me." Not realizing that Wang Lei could hear him perfectly with his enhanced hearing.

Wang Lei glanced at Die Heng raising his perfect eyebrows briefly before he daintily took a sip of tea. Die Heng sighed before strolling over and taking a seat next to his friend.

After a few minutes of silence Die Heng spoke up saying, "Your Majesty, I bet you already have an idea of what happened to Wei Meiying by how easily you are taking the news of her disappearance."

Even though Wang Lei isn't the Emperor anymore Die Heng still has the habit of calling him his Majesty. Still not getting over the fact that he stepped down from the position that he painstakingly worked his way up to. In their kingdom, they chose their Emperors through tests and have to be accepted by the magic moon stone before they can be chosen. 

Wang Lei placed his cup gently down before saying in a deep voice, " Die Heng, I brought you here to talk about what happened while I was in the tomb today. I saw not my wife's body but only her gown left behind. I am asking you if my wife was reincarnated somewhere?"

Die Heng suddenly turned serious saying, "While you were in the tomb Wei Meiying's internal energy was casted into the sky as her pink energy brought the nearby flowers to life. I assume that she was reborn somewhere, so I looked at the scrolls of life and saw her name glowing pink instead of just black ink."

Wang Lei nodded his head as if he witnessed the scene already. Adjusting his position on the seat into a more comfortable position he spoke up and said, "If I am correct, Wei Meiying probably was reborn in the mortal realm; otherwise, I would have already felt her internal energy by now."

Die Heng smiled as he said, "Yes, I believe you are correct. I haven't figured out where she was born yet but I am almost certain she is in the mortal realm." 

After finishing his sentence, he pulled out the scrolls from his robes and sat it down in front of them. Die Heng waved his hand across the scroll and a light green light emitted from his hand. Then the scroll started to project an image of Wei Meiying's rebirth.