Paul looked between his bandmates, then sighed. "Okay. Let's go somewhere."

Hearing his words made the others happy.

They ended up going to a new restaurant that recently opened. During that time, Paul was happy and this lasted for a long while.

But when it was time to go, Paul's mood dropped. He didn't understand why his bandmates wanted to go to his house. It was his birthday, yes, but nothing was happening there. You weren't there. And there weren't any cake. So what was the point of anyone coming?

Nonetheless Paul reluctantly gave in, and so the band went to his house. By the time they reached there, he was no longer in good spirits. All he kept thinking about was how much he wished you were back.

Letting out a sigh, he unlocked the door and went inside. Gene, Ace, and Peter followed.

"Well we're here," Paul announced, setting his keys down on a nearby small table. "I still don't understand why--"

"Paul?"

The sudden yet familiar voice made him freeze.

It couldn't be.

But seeing his bandmates' expressions told him otherwise, and so he turned around to find you standing a few feet away.

"Y/N!" He rushed toward you, instantly picking you up and spinning you around. The action of his was surprising but made you laugh. Afterwards the two of you embraced each other, constantly giving kisses.

"Happy birthday, Paul," you whispered, caressing his cheek.

A smile entered his face. "Thank you, Y/N."

You kissed once more before someone cleared their throat. Both of you pulled apart and looked over.

"Oh, right," you said. "Do you guys want cake?"

There were a few murmurs and nods. You smiled before leading the way.

The cake turned out to be great, though you had to receive some help from Dinah in decorating it. She was also present during the small party, along with a few other friends.

Eventually you put some candles on top and lit them. Then you looked at Paul. "Ready?"

He nodded.

You kissed his cheek. "Make a wish, Starchild."

A few seconds later Paul blew the candles out.

For the next couple of hours everyone had a good time, especially Paul. He smiled a lot, and his eyes lit up constantly.

He was happy. Very happy.

Pretty soon it was time for everyone to go. They wished Paul a happy birthday once more before leaving. Gene was the last one to go.

"Don't do anything silly," he warned after reaching the door.

"Now what does that mean?" you asked, crossing your arms.

Gene looked at you, then Paul, then you again. He shook his head afterwards and mumbled, "You two have a lot of catching up to do."

You wanted to ask the same question again. But before you could say anything, he left, and that made you frown. "I wonder what he meant."

"I think I know," Paul said, wrapping his arms around your waist.

A smile came upon your face.

He kissed your cheek and then your jaw. You felt his breath in your ear as he whispered, "We're alone now."

This made you turn around to face him. Smiling, you ran your fingers through his hair before kissing him. He wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. In fact, the two of you were so close, there were hardly any space between you.

"I missed you so much, baby," he whispered.

"I missed you, too, Paul."

He kissed you passionately. This lasted a long while until he moved his lips to your neck and started trailing kisses. You tangled your fingers in his hair as he picked you up in his arms.

No words were spoken when he carried you to your shared bedroom. Nor when he entered it and put you down on the bed. And it didn't take him long to get on it, too, later crawling on top of you. His lips met yours in another kiss.

Neither of you had to express how much you've missed and loved each other in words. The sweet kisses and gentle touches said it all. You ran your hands up and down Paul's back before cradling his head in your hands.

"I love you, Paul," you said softly.

"I love you, too, Y/N." He smiled, giving you a gentle kiss.

After sharing many more kisses, the two of you ended up in each other's arms.

"Oh, wait," you said, suddenly remembering something. It had just occurred to you that Paul hadn't opened his birthday presents yet. All this time and he hadn't opened a single one! "Your presents."

He hummed a bit. "I'll open them later."

"But--"

"Y/N," he said, and you went quiet. "I just want to spend time with you, darling. It's been awhile since we've seen each other."

He was right.

"Okay." You kissed his cheek, then snuggled into him. "Happy birthday, Paul."

"Thank you." Paul pressed his lips to your forehead as he held you closer. "I'm so glad you're back."

"Me, too," you said. "Thankfully I don't have to travel as much anymore."

Your words caught him off guard. "What?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you." You smiled at him. "I was offered another job position. It requires minimal traveling but I'll definitely be here more."

"That's great, Y/N." Paul smiled. "I think that's the best birthday present I've received today."

This made you look at him, though you couldn't help but smile. "Paul!"

"But it's true. You don't know how much I've missed you whenever you leave for months on end."

"And you don't know how much I've missed you. Especially when you go on tour."

"Well we're both here, now aren't we?"

"We are," you answered.

Paul looked at you. "And we're not going anywhere, are we?"

"No."

The corners of his mouth turned upward. "Good because I think you owe me a birthday kiss."

You wanted to point out that the two of you kissed numerous times. But you changed your mind when he pressed his lips against yours.