6

The next afternoon in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Snape was covering. As soon as he entered the room I heard Ron groan. Snape snapped all the blinds closed and turned to the class quickly.

"Turn to page three-hundred and ninety-four." he said in a bored tone. Where is Professor Lupin? I thought to myself, I was not the only one thinking it because Harry raised his hand and asked.

"Sir, where is Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern, isit, Potter? Suffice it to say,your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." he snapped. I turned to the page in the book and snapped my head up, werewolves?  We aren't supposed to be learning about werewolves!

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant tostart nocturnal beasts for weeks-" I began but was cut off by Snape yelling, "Silence!"

I huffed and turned back to my textbook. Snape pulled down the screen and walks to the back to pull out a projector,  brings out a slide and begins teaching.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus anda werewolf?" Snape drawled. I looked around the class waiting for someone to answer, when no one made a move to answer I raised my hand.

Snape overlooked my hand and said, "No one? How... disappointing."

I dropped my hand annoyed. "Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind"

When I finished the last sentence a howl came from beside Ron and I's desk, it was Malfoy. Crabbe and Goyle began laughing, how funny, I rolled my eyes.

I knew it was the correct answer and so did Snape but instead he responded with, "No surprise you have spoken out of term, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" I felt my cheeks heat up as I lowered my head.

"He does have a point y'know." Ron said quietly. I snapped my eyes to him and scowled at him.

"Five points from Gryffindor!" Snape snapped and turned back to the class.  "As a antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning,with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it."

The whole class groaned and he added, "Do we want to make it four?" Everyone kept quiet and Snape continued the slideshow and before long the lesson was over.

I packed up my things in a rush, I wanted to get as far away from Snape as I could. "You alright 'Mione?" Harry asked me quietly walking out beside me. I nodded and kept walking, lessons were done for the day so I made my way to the common room.

The new portrait, Sir Cadogan, was not an easy common room guard to get passed. You were sure to leave or enter with a headache from listening to him blubber on. After debating with him for five minutes on whether or not we were real Gryffindors I got frustrated enough to yell the password at him, "BALDERDASH! NOW LET US IN!"

He finally shut up and let us in, about time. I walked in and saw a crowded common room. Everyone was buzzing about the upcoming quidditch match that was tomorrow versus Hufflepuff. I pushed past the few first years crowding the staircase and made my way to my dormitory. I put my books away and changed out of my school robes. I put on a pair of pajama pants and a jumper, having no intention of leaving the common room for the rest of the night.

Again pushing through the crowd I found the twins, Lee, Harry and Ron all gathered around a table. I made my way over and sighed, there weren't any chairs. Fred smiled at me and pulled me into his lap to sit wrapping his arms around my waist. "Going to bed a bit early eh?"