Chapter Thirteen (Laughing, and Loving)

Start from the beginning

He said, smiling trying not to wince again.

Sighing, I walked over and sat down on the stairs next to him. "Are you okay?"

Gently taking his ankle I looked it over. "I think you sprained it, it's not twisted, but we still need to get you some ice."

Kokichi suddenly grinned innocently as if he had an idea. "Can I have a kiss to make it better?"

Kiss it? I know that I must have flushed suddenly from the smirk on Kokichi's face.

Chuckling I stood up. "Sorry as much as you think I'm the mother figure I'm not going to kiss your boo's."

He rolled his eyes before, standing up and grabbing the front of my shirt, and quickly kissing me.

I was completely taken off guard. I nearly tripped on one of the steps.

He smirked when he let go of me, my mind was still foggy from what had just happened.

"Welp, I think I got what I wanted my beloved Ranatro! Now give me information where is Shumai?"

What he wanted huh, well two could play at that game. "Hm, no. I'll give you info if you do something for me."

He raised an eyebrow. "What would that be?"

Leaning in I pulled him into a long kiss before stepping back.

A triumphant smirk plastered on my face. "I wanted to take my kiss back." I stopped seeing how red his face got, I had taken him off guard this time. "Now, the deal is a deal, Shuichi is making breakfast."

He stared at me before a smirk appeared on his face. "I see, so you decided to play along then. Well I suppose I don't have to kill you now." He teased before trying to skip into the kitchen and wincing in pain.

"Get some ice for your ankle while you're in there Kokichi," I shouted after him.

A few minutes later, he was back, pulling Shuichi along with him.

Much to the detective's dismay. "Rantaro! I was thinking we could go to Hope's cafe while you're on a shift, and afterward we could just walk around town."

Kokichi shouted, grinning happily, as Shuichi's face turned bright red. "L-like a date?"

Kokichi rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious. "Duh, but because it's in public, If we see anyone we know we just them it's just us three hanging out like usual."

It was an intriguing idea. "I don't see why not, and because the fair is opening tonight, the town already has all sorts of festive lights all over the shops for nighttime I think it'll be a great way to spend today after everything that happened."

Shuichi smiled at us. "Oh, I forgot the festival of lights is started today."

Kokichi grinned. "Great! You guys better not be boring though!" With that, he finally let go of Shuichi and raced up the stairs.

We went to his room to make sure he did have some ice on his ankle.

A couple of hours had passed, we had all eaten Shuichi's chocolate chip pancakes, grabbed our things, and headed out into town.

Instead of driving, we walked to the bus stop.

A lady was standing at the stop. Before she turned to us and smiled, I then noticed a little boy next to her.

The little boy ran up to me suddenly. "Hi! I'm Tommy!"

Tommy! Smiling I squatted down. "Hey Tommy, did you like the army guy?