guilty

"I feel guilty. That's what the problem was."

Albedo and Sucrose looked over at her.

"I said I couldn't see or hear anything in that memory. But I was able to feel. And I felt someone kiss my lips and it made me remember something. That must be why the God was angry with me." She paused, now having Albedo's and Sucrose's full attention. "I don't remember him but I remember he existed. She said I asked to be brought here. I feel guilty for being so selfish. I'm not sure why I wanted to be brought here, I can't recall. But it was selfish of me to ask for it."

Sucrose looked over at Albedo, who wore a contemplative face with his hand to his face.

"I've decided I want to remember my past. If I'm punished for it then so be it. It's what I deserve for my selfish desires."

"Surely, there must have been a reason for your actions. Let's think this through some more." Sucrose spoke.

"No! I've made up my mind. I was selfish and I left behind someone important."

"People fall in and out of love all the time, maybe that's all that happened."

"What if I'm a bad person? And you're sitting here defending me."

"I can tell that's not so," Sucrose smiled, "you're nothing but a joy to be around. All people have selfish desires that contradict their beliefs. If one inconvenience comes along it's easy to forget your beliefs. It doesn't make you a bad person."

"I still want to remember. Maybe this God is all talk."

Albedo stared out of a window, thinking. For one, his previous fear of a past lover became reality. Second, this truly was a difficult situation.

"I think it's best to leave it forgotten. Anyone who has the power to remove your memories and show up in your dreams must be someone to be feared." Albedo finally spoke. "Is there anything else you remember, that you decided to omit from your story?"

"Um... no, just that he existed. I beg, just one more night. I'd like to see what would happen."

Albedo sighed and decided to continue to read his books. Sucrose thought he seemed a bit agitated.

"Someone smack me in the head I want to take a nap but I'm not sleepy." Cecilia spoke quickly. She wanted to try speaking with the God this time. Rather than take a beating. But she was too impatient to wait for the night.

Sucrose laughed, "I think you're just going to have to wait. Besides, if you stay here it'll get boring enough to sleep. You just have to be patient."

"Fine, I will stay until I can take my nap."

Sucrose smiled, both she and Albedo continued to do research. A lot of stuff was written down on paper. Cecilia just sat and stared and the pair work. Sucrose was right, this was boring. There she sat for hours and hours. Finally, she was ready for her nap. Until someone came in.

"I hear the prince is harboring a lost princess here. I'd like to meet her." Said a smug voice, caushing the girl to jump.

"No, no, no, no! Leave please!!!" She yelled, "augggh I was so close to falling asleep why'd you have to go and ruin it?"

The smug voice came from a blue pirate, who was now rather taken aback. Meanwhile, Albedo, who was shocked at first, was now laughing.

"Well, is this the lost princess? That's not the reaction I expected."

"Please don't call me princess. It's nice to meet you but you're excused."

Sucrose nervously smiled and Albedo just laughed harder.

"I'll be back later" said the pirate.