Loser like me

Third person P.O.V.

At the end of the day, Maya found herself thinking about Lucas. Should she go wait for him in the parking lot? Nah. She would get there, and probably wait for hours or he would laugh at her, asking her if she really was that stupid. Even worse, his idiot of a girlfriend Riley might be there too.

Maya went to her locker and opened it. She threw her books inside, grabbed her bag and shut her locker door. Farkle was leaning against the locker next to hers.

"Hey Hart. We're having a party tonight. Rebel's place. You gonna be there?" He asked.

Farkle was Maya's childhood friend. They had gone to school together for their whole lives. Farkle used to be a sweet kid. She liked hanging out with him, mostly because he would do whatever she wanted. She still hangs out with Farkle. Smokes with him under the bleachers - well, smoke while he watches. They were the closest of friends and when they weren't in a public place, Farkle went back to being his dorky self that she loved.

"Sure. Should I bring the usual?" Maya asked. Farkle smirked.

"Yes ma'am." He said. She smiled at him and he kissed her cheek. "Alright, see you later Hart." He said before walking out.

Many thought that Maya and Farkle were a thing. Mostly because they barely left each other's sides, and also because of the cheek kisses. Farkle could get to Maya like no other could. They had hooked up once, and it had felt so, so wrong that they never tried to date each other or have sex with each other again. The thing about Farkle is that he's always been there, right by her side. And she didn't mind having him around.

In the parking lot, Lucas was sitting in his car, waiting for Maya. He had been waiting for 15 minutes, and she still hadn't showed. He grabbed his phone and noticed that Riley had texted him, asking if he could come over. He quickly replied that he couldn't, that he had to work on a project with Maya.

Another 15 minutes later, she finally walked out of the building with her bag. He rolled down the window to his car. She quickly stopped walking and stared blankly at him.

"Well? Get in." He said. Maya silently got into the car. She had figured out that by now, he would have left. But obviously not, since she was sitting in his car right now, heading to his house. Lucas started driving. An awkward silence settled in.

"...You smell like cigarettes." Lucas pointed out. Maya turned to him. "No shit, Sherlock." She said. He rolled his eyes and kept on driving. He had to wait half an hour for her while she smoked? Next time, she could at least tell him.

The drive to Lucas' house was a quiet ride after that comment. Maya got out of the car as quickly as possible. She noticed that Lucas' car was the only one in the driveway. His parents were probably at work, leaving her alone in a house with Lucas Friar.

A week ago, if you had told her that, she probably would have laughed. Her, Maya Hart, in Lucas Friar's house? No. It was all impossible and so surreal. 

Lucas unlocked the door and opened it, motioning for her to enter. She walked in and he followed her closely. He shut the door behind them and took off his jacket and shoes, dropping his backpack to the floor, while Maya looked around. His house wasn't what she had expected. It was a quite small house in the suburbs. She had assumed he lived in the richer part of the city, where Riley lived.

Maya took off her shoes and dropped her bag on the floor. She walked around the house, looking for the kitchen. Lucas followed her around. Maya rolled her eyes and walked in the kitchen. She opened the fridge and grabbed a juice box. Lucas raised his eyebrows.

"Do you even have any manners?" He asked. She smirked and put the straw through the hole in the juice box, then sat on the kitchen table. She spread her legs and slumped down, trying to look even less lady-like, if that was possible. She slowly sipped her juice, never breaking eye contact with Lucas. He walked over to her and stepped in between her legs, leaning closer to her.

"What are you doing?" Maya asked, clearly flustered. Lucas looked her in the eye, trying to make her as uncomfortable as he could. He spoke in a low, hushed tone.

"Next time, ask for that damn juice box." He said. He grabbed the juice box out of her hands and put it next to her, stepping away. He went back to the door and grabbed his backpack, leaving a confused Maya in his kitchen. She jumped down from the counter, fists clenched. She sat down at the kitchen table and glanced at the clock. It was already 4:30, and the party started at 6. It took her about 45 minutes to get there on foot, but from here, it would probably take her at least an hour. She groaned quietly and ran her hand through her hair.

Lucas came back in the kitchen and sat down next to her, pulling out a sketch pad and pencils.

"Listen, I gotta go." Maya said. Lucas looked up at her. "Are you serious? We just got here. Do you have anywhere else to be?" He said.

"Actually, yeah."

"What's more important to you then not failing art class this year?" Lucas asked. Maya rolled her eyes. She was getting really annoyed.

"I have a party to go to." She said.

"Can I come with you?" He asked.

Maya laughed in response. Lucas would never fit in at that party, and the people she hung out with mostly wanted to punch Lucas in the face, which was perfect. Maybe if she brought him, he could finally get what he's been asking for since freshman year. 

"I'm serious." Lucas said. Maya nodded, chuckling. 

"Alright, cowboy. We can brainstorm some ideas for the project. But then, you are driving me to my place so I can pick up something for the party and then, you'll be driving us to the party. Okay?" She said. He nodded.

"Okay."