My Happy Ending

11 am

“Do you think he will be pleased?” I asked, looking at my reflection in the mirror.  Daphne and Katherine had insisted on makeup.  I had decided to go against social expectations and go bare faced to my wedding ceremony.    I wanted him to love me the way I was.

“He loves you for who you are, but it won’t hurt to make him feel lucky he is getting a hot woman like you” Katherine said and I blushed.  Me hot?  As I looked again in my reflection, I guess I did look good.  The new lifestyle had been packed and I had indeed lost a little weight, but this dress was made to accentuate my curves and hide my flaws.  The make-up hide all my freckles and I did look like some model in a bridal magazine.

Grace walked in and gasped.  “Oh my!” she whispered and brought her handkerchief to wipe the tears.  “You are looking so perfect”

“Mom, you can’t cry!  It’s time” Dorian said and offered his arm.  I accepted it and he patted my hand and chuckled.

“He is as nervous as you are” he said in a law voice.

I smiled.  “Please always be by my side” I whispered to him as we started to make was to the entrance of the beautiful patio. 

He looked at me and smile.  “It’s because of you that today my brother accepted me whole heartedly.  I shall always be grateful and eternally by your side” he said and I frowned.

“Now now Dimple, the bride should not wear a frown seconds before her wedding. We are about to enter” he said and the butterflies caught in my stomach again. 

The nervousness grew tenfold.  I remembered my wedding day.  How I had hated everything.  But now, as we started on the path leading to the patio, everything faded and I saw him, glorious as ever.  My husband, my man, was standing there, looking all hot and sexy, standing on the aisle.  My breath picked up a fast pace and I could not stop smiling.

All that I could see was the love shining in his eyes.  The compelling spell he wove when he looked at me, pride and happiness.  His smile, giving my weak knees strength to complete the short distance between me and him.  Although it was just three days, it felt like I had not seen him for ages.  A moment apart was that hard. 

As I walked, I remember how doomed I felt when I walked to him during our first wedding.  I remembered feeling angry and helpless, as though I was walking to a life of hell.  But this, seeing the man I loved waiting at the aisle, so gorgeous and masculine, I knew this was it.  At the end of that aisle was a man who loved me for me.  A man whom I grew to love more than anything and who became my whole world.  At the end of the aisle was my happy forever after.

He smiled and took my hand and kissed it, as I blushed.  I could not take my eyes off him, off his eyes boring into mine, off his mouth that would only take me standing on my toes to kiss.

Someone cleared their throat.  That was when I turned to find Nick standing right in front of us, winking.  He leaned in, “Keep the sexy looks for later” he said in a fake whisper and chuckled, as did the whole audience watching us.

I looked at Damian and he winked.  Nick performed our ceremony, but instead of repeating Nick’s words, Damian took my hand in his and stared at me, as though he could see my naked soul. 

“Demetria McMillian, I Promise to be a husband that would love and cherish you for the rest of his life.  I am deeply honoured that you have accepted me the way I am and agreed to be with me forever.  While I cannot change myself for you, I can be a better man, and I promise to love you in every way a person can be loved, as you have loved me.”

With tears in my eyes, I smiled up at him.  “I promise to be yours, in your moments of weakness, in your moments of triumph.  I promise to love and respect you every moment that I breathe, with everything I am, for I am yours and only yours.  Now and forever”

“You may now kiss the bride” was heard distinctly and the kiss that followed was a loving kiss, where both of us tried to show how much we meant our vows, but as expected, the sweet kiss soon turned into a passionate one, and it took Nick’s hand on our shoulders to separate us.  As we pulled apart, I felt weak and Damian’s hand snaked around my waist.  As we came back to reality, we saw our little audience laughing and blushing.  I blushed dark red.  It was so easy to forget the whole world when Damian was next to me.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present to you, Mr and Mrs Damian McMillian” and the audience cheered.

“Ready to start a long honeymoon?” Damian whispered in my ears and I smiled wickedly up at him and nodded.

He swooped me up in him arms and walked to the car waiting for us outside the gates.  “Wait we haven’t thanked any of them, or even-“

“They are our nearest and dearest” he said, visibly impatient.  “They can wait till we return” he said and in a matter of seconds we were in the car, meandering some mountain.

The driver dropped us at the top, a small lodge prepared for us.  The view was breathtakingly beautiful, but not more so than the man who walked with me inside the lodge, to reveal a huge white bed decorated with roses.  I smiled and blushed at the bed.

“Why Mrs McMillian, I believe you are blushing.” He teased.  For some reason, I felt shy, and just wanted to hide my face in his chest.

His arms encircled around me and hugged me close.  “What’s wrong?” he asked and I smiled, feeling his need against me.

I looked up at him.  “I love you so much” and he proceeded to show me, just how much he loved me.

____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading and waiting patiently for the updates.  I had a wonderful time telling the story of Damian and Demetria, and I hope you enjoyed it too.  
Let me know how you liked the story.

Keep Loving