Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

Relaxing against the head board, Brielle expertly slid her finger across the screen of Zac's iPad. The information on the screen moved, allowing her to continue her reading. A few days ago she had began to search for websites catering to pregnancy and first time mothers, something Zac had grumbled about when he found the history files. He understood that his wife was excited, curious, anxious, and whatever other emotion went along with a first time pregnancy, but he didn't want Brielle's experience to be influenced by something she found on the internet.

Eyes fixed on the screen, Brielle didn't have to look to know Zac was passing by the bedroom door. Calling for her husband, she continued to read the article she had found giving advice on how to break the news of pregnancy to loved ones. Zac crossed the room, taking a seat on the foot of the bed, through the covers he gently massaged his hand along Brielle's calf muscle.

"Do you need something?" he asked, pulling her attention away from the article.

"Are you sure we should tell our parents about this?" her expression turned worried as she spoke.

"Let me think." Zac teased. "We're adults, we're married, and we've been trying to have a baby for a while. I really can't see why we shouldn't tell them." he smiled.

"According to this site, it's not entirely safe to tell people yet. I'm barely passed eight weeks and it says that there is still a risk of..." Brielle paused. "Of something going wrong."

Fighting the urge to scoff and roll his eyes, Zac cleared his throat and gently squeezed Brielle's knee trying to be reassuring as possible. "You do know that the internet doesn't know everything?"

"I know, but what if we tell them and get their hopes up and something happens?" Brielle searched for a desperate rebuttal.

"You're healthy, and you said the doctor was pleased with the visit, I don't see why we shouldn't tell them. Having a baby is a constant worry, but if we worry about everything then we'll never enjoy any of this." Zac made his views as clear as he could. "I want you to enjoy this, I don't want you so wrapped up in what might happen that you forget this is something amazing."

"Lots of exceptionally healthy women have issues with their pregnancy." Brielle tried to find an arguing point. "Jenna." she stated wide eyed. "Jenna, is extremely healthy and she miscarried. Lindy, you remember Lindy the fitness crazed lady? Her daughter was in play group with Abe, she had four miscarriages."

"Brielle." Zac's tone was clear and firm. Placing his hand over his wife's he gently pulled the iPad away. "You can't dictate what is going to happen based on somebody else and their experience. Natalie, for example, she's had five very successful pregnancies. When she was pregnant with Viggo she and Taylor told us, I think she was only five weeks." Zac smirked. "My mom, she's had seven kids. If we tell her, then I am sure she'd be happy to talk about this with you."

Raising her brow, Brielle folded her arms over her chest and scowled. "Are you trying to bribe me into telling your mother?"

"No, I am trying to tell you that what you're doing is insane." Zac countered with a bit of a smile. "Before you get mad, I am not calling you insane. I am saying that this," he held up the iPad to display the site, "is insane."

"What if we tell them and then something happens?" Brielle pouted.

"What if we don't tell them and then something happens? Wouldn't you rather them hear while it's good news?" Zac asked, sliding his finger across the iPad to change the screen display.

The frown on Brielle's face softened, slightly. Relaxing her arms at her side, she sighed and shot Zac an annoyed look. "I hate it when you're possibly right."