Along Came The Devil

Chaos pov

I looked around the room and realized that I literally hated everyone . I hated some less than others but overall I just wondered how they were not annoyed by their own voices .

What was the point of even owning a bar when the ones around you make you sick?

I then realized I had gotten beside myself again. My job wasn't to have fun with these pathetic beings it was to monitor and study these creatures .

Humans were annoying indeed but one thing they never were was boring .

Either starting another war or polluting their own planet it was always something with them. It's the way they carry on after knowing they have one life that interest me.

As a demon I never understood that. If I had one life I'd live it. But these barbaric beings choose to waste it on

- 18 years of school
(they will never use )

-college
(which leads to debt)

-getting a job
(that they probably won't like)

-finding a suitable mate
( most of human marriages end in divorce)

-having children
(that will fall victim to the same system they are in)

-retire
(still in debt with half of their life gone)

And then get a random illness and die ...

The ones that get to that last stage are lucky compared to the ones who die by the hands of other people.

Humans suck .

The loud music started to speak over my thoughts when all of a sudden my eyes focused on a girl at the end of the bar.

Wide brown lips and nose with dark skin. 4c hair she put pride in . She smelled of expensive natural hair products that left her with a scent of tropical fruit. I could foresee missing or broken elastic bands with frustration and tears when the hair style didn't come out correct. Original features of beauty untampered with. When God made her he cursed for the first time .

I was making my way over to her when I saw a man put something in her drink.

Rage filled my entire body. In all my years on earth I can honestly say nothing pissed me off more than people that abused power and rapist. Low down waste of space dirty scum .

She raised the drink up to her lips . But I heated the glass so that it was too hot for her fingers so she dropped it spilling the contents of the drink. I signaled my security about the low life . The sad part being we had codes for this type of stuff. It happened so often . He was taken outside and promptly beaten within an inch of his life. Call me a softie but woman should be protected at all cost .

"Thankyou"

I turned to be met with beautiful brown Orbs. I was confused on why she was thanking me. Had she notic-

"For what you did with that guy"

"No problem sweetie" I responded but noticed I was nervous.

"I'm Azure"she held out her hand for me to shake

"I'm Chaos" I took this opportunity to grab her hand and kiss it. It was soft .
I felt like I had met her in a pass life.