vii.

chapter seven ;
the moon and rosy cheeks.

︵︵

"hey aj!" ghostburs soft voice greeted, he backed up noticing her pull out her sword in defense. "so sorry, i didn't mean to scare you!"

she let out a sigh of relief as she put it away, embracing him into a hug. "i missed you, where have you been?"

he simply accepted the hug, just standing there. "i've been here with nani. phil said it's best i stay here with him in l'manburg."

l'manburg is an odd name for a town.

"well it's best, it's much more fun here than it is at techno's." she let go of the hug, he nods.

"much more fun." he confirmed, "but what are you doing here so late? shouldn't you be home?"

"i should be, but remember that guy, karl?"

"ohhhhhh.. you came back for him?"

"mhm."

"well he's over here." ghostbur gestured towards a wooden bridge, "surely he'd enjoy your company. he's always here at night, kind of sad. he's lonely most of the time. but i'll keep you safe and let you know if someone comes by!"

alexis smiled, "thanks ghostbur." he waved at her as she walked away.

her heart was racing, she was beyond afraid to get caught knowing that the consequences she'd face wouldn't be great. this included losing techno and phil's trust, as well as getting put under more strict rules.

but she sprinted towards the brown haired boy nonetheless, not wanting to get too close she greets, "hey."

the boy turns around, his eyes widened. "wait, you're the girl i saw the other day! hi!" he giggled a bit, jumping up from his seat.

"mind if i sit?" alexis asked, nodding towards the wooden bench.

"nope, go ahead." karl grinned as he sat back down, to which she did as well. "what's your name?"

"alexis, you're karl right?"

"yeah!" his cheeks burned, "how'd you know?"

"oh, leinani mentioned your name."

"you know nani?"

"sure i do, we're pen pals." aj smiled proudly.

"no way! we're best friends."

"that's cool!"

he nods, looking up at the moon again with a smile. "the moon is pretty neat, right?"

"yeah," she agreed, mesmerized by the stars and moon. though, you can get a better look at them from techno's home. "i talk to the moon sometimes."