I keep on seeing hallucinations of dad, which gives me anxiety. I see some of my mom but rarely, they calm me down.

I see a bit of sunlight coming from my window, which I guess it's 7 am.

I couldn't stop hyperventilating and I didn't know who to call—

Except for that one person, I reach for my phone on my nightstand and dial the person.

Ranboo.

Ranboo was my best-friend since I was 11, when my mom died. He was the only person who understood me. I tried telling my old friends and they literally ditched me. They left me, and for what? Although, Ranboo was only eight when I met him. He was quite mature for an eight year old—

The phones beeping cut my thoughts off, pulling me back into the cruel world. I press the call back button and go back into my thoughts.

I used to like him back then, when we were little. If I was dragged into drama on the internet he'd always tried to help. I guess those feelings started slowly fading away when I became 16.

Ranboo answered the phone, all I see on his camera is his fluffy dirty blonde hair and his forehead.

"hello?" His voice slightly echoes through my room.

"hi." I mutter, still breathing heavily.

"woah, are you okay?" Ranboo asks, having worry in his monotonous voice.

"no."

"what's wrong— did something happen?"

"well, besides that i literally almost fell down the stairs yesterday and that my cat kept on attacking me. i had a horrible dream! almost like a nightmare. wait hold on, it's exactly like a nightmare." I answer.

"this is where i get my funniness from, charlotte. now if someone ever asks me how i'm so funny on streams, i'll just simply say 'charlotte'." Ranboo laughs. "ahem. anyways, how are you and your.. y'know."

"oh yeah, i'm doing fine with it. it's getting better."

"what, really? i'm so proud of you!" He says, me getting confused if its sarcasm or not.

"is that sarcasm or are you actually proud of me? sorry i can't tell because your monotone voice."

"yeah, i really am proud of you. now, we celebrate by posting a picture of yourself on instagram!" He exclaims.

"what? no." I decline.

"pleassee, you haven't posted in months." He begs. "please i'll shine your shoes, i was also gonna say i'll shine everything in your house but i already did that."

"fine, only because you'll shine my shoes. they need shining."

[ instagram ]

—[ instagram ]—