Ian can clearly feel how much it affected his wife. He cannot really blame her. Aya and Sky are everything to her. She would do and give everything for her children no matter what it takes. She would do and give everything just to be with Aya again.

“Anong oras na, stressed pa rin Misis ko. Tulog na lang tayo. It’ll pass tomorrow morning.”

“Hindi ako inaantok.”

“Gusto mo pagurin kita para antukin ka?” he jested but Lea wasn’t really in mood that’s why he received her deadly glare.

“Huwag ngayon Ian ha! Bad trip ako.” she said and turned her back against him.

Ian pressed his lips against each other in shame and regret. He leaned forward to give her a kiss in her temple, “I’m sorry, that was just a joke. Rest ka na. I love you, honey.”

______

Aga shares a peaceful dinner with his wife, not minding the spot where his daughter usually sits who has gone empty for almost a week now. Yari loudly puts down the knife she’s holding to wake him up because he doesn’t seem to care about Aya’s absence. She just got back from Manila and she was surprised that Aya and few of her things are no longer in the house. But what surprised her the most is Aga’s reaction to it. He doesn’t seem to worry at all.

“Aga, hindi mo ba talaga pauuwiin si Aya? You told me she left when I left, it’s been five days and you are still not doing anything about it!?”

“Hayaan mo siya. Uuwi rin ‘yun.”

“Seriously?” Yari exclaimed in disbelief. “How can you be this chill when your daughter is literally out there alone!? Paano kung may masama nang nangyari d’on!?”

“She’s fine, okay!? She’s with her friend. Hannah’s Mom called me and told me that Aya’s currently with them.”

“And you just let her? Hindi mo man lang siya susunduin at pauuwiin? Paano mo natitiis ang anak mo nang ganito!? Kaya lalong nagre-rebelde sa’yo eh, kasi tinitiis mo!”

“If she has to learn it the hard way, I’ll let her. Kapag kinakausap ko naman kasi ‘yan nang mahinahon, pinipilosopo lang ako. I’ll let her realize that she still needs me— she cannot live without me. Let her crawl her way back here, I won’t give her a ride or whatever.”

Yari can just exhale heavily, “You’re unbelievable!”

He continued eating as if nothing happened when they heard their doorbell rang, “See? That is what I was talking about.” Aga smirked, thinking it’s Aya who’s knocking back home. He stood up and opened the door only to be totally wrong. His eyes widened upon seeing his sister in his doorstep. “D-Dawn?”

“Yeah, I know I didn’t give a notice again but I’ll just be here for a couple of days. I just miss you all so much.” Dawn said as she entered their home. She saw Yari and waved a hand at her. “Where is Aya?”

Aga knew she would ask that question as soon as she will notice that her niece is not around. It is what he is afraid of because Dawn loves Aya so much. Siguradong ililibing siya nang buhay ng kapatid niya sa oras na malaman niya na hinayaan niyang lumayas ang anak niya.

“Aga, where is Aya?” Dawn asked again when nobody gave her an answer. She looked at Yari but the latter just looked away. “Is she upstairs? Puntahan ko ha?” she said and readied to take the staircase.

“She left.” Aga finally spoke.

His sister turned to him with a confused look, “And by that, you meant?” she asked. It took him a while to answer again so that’s when Dawn concluded it. “Lumayas si Aya!?” she asked for confirmation, but Aga didn’t give her anything. “What happened!? Have you already looked for her? Shall we call for a police!? How long she has been missing?” she worriedly asked while looking at her brother. “Aga, can you please goddamn talk!? Where the fuck is your daughter!?”