Destroying the Cup

Start from the beginning

"Won't even leave a trace. They're the perfect companion to our Puking Pastilles," George finished.

Ellie took the candy immediately, chewing and swallowing it down quickly. Hermione had cleaned up the vomit with her wand rather quickly, remembering the spell she had performed in her fourth year.

"Thank you," Ellie smiled at the twins before her face grew serious. "But something's not right. I can feel it."

"Nothing will happen, okay? No one will hurt my girlfriend," Hermione reassured as kissed Ellie's forehead, lacing their fingers once again as she brought them back to the center of the room. Luckily, not many had seen Ellie's departure, and they came back unnoticed.

"What are you waiting for?" Pansy barked, breaking the silence as she pointed her finger to Harry. "Someone grab him!"

It was Ginny who stepped in front of Harry first. Then Hermione and Ellie. Then Cho and the Patil twins. Then Ron and Seamus. Then Lavender and Dean. Then the entire Weasley family. Soon enough, almost every one of Harry's friends had protectively stepped in front of him.

"Students out of bed!" a voice screamed from afar, causing the students to turn towards the entrance as they heard footsteps drawing near. "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!"

It was Filch, who carried Mrs. Norris in his arms as he ran towards McGonagall.

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot," McGonagall snapped.

"Oh," Filch replied simply, seeming to be embarrassed as he inched towards the exit. "Sorry, ma'am."

"As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune," McGonagall continued as she withdrew her wand. "If you would, I would like you, please to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall."

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch clarified.

"The dungeons would do," McGonagall answered confidently.

A cheer erupted from the rest of the houses, clapping loudly as the Slytherins were struck with anger. The Hufflepuff caught Pansy's piercing stare, her eyes narrowed as she was baffled with Hermione and Ellie's relationship. Ellie smiled innocently, bringing her middle finger up to the girl. Ellie heard Hermione's quiet snicker before watching Pansy turn on her heel angrily.

Harry suddenly walked towards McGonagall, asking for as much time she can make as the group watched.

"Potter. It's good to see you," McGonagall smiled.

"It's good to see you too, Professor," Harry smiled before turning to Neville. "Hold the fort, Neville."

Chaos erupted as the Great Hall quickly cleared out, a majority of students yearning to fight alongside Harry. Harry had quick left the scene, pushing past the students exiting the common rooms. In the meantime, the remainder of the group had quickly formulated a plan, realizing that they needed to catch up with Harry.

Hermione pulled Ellie with her, with Ron trailing closely behind.

"Harry!" Ron called out, causing the boy to stop at one of the landings of the staircases.

"Harry. Hermione, Ellie, and I have been thinking. It doesn't matter if we find a Horcrux," Ron started.

"What do you mean?" Harry questioned.

"Unless we can destroy it," Hermione finished.

"So we were thinking-" Ron began again.

"Well, Ron was thinking," Hermione interrupted supportively. "It was Ron's idea. It's completely brilliant."