Jimin (Point of View PT2)

Start from the beginning

He probably won't trust anything that comes out of Jimin's mouth ever again. It's not like Jimin was planning to keep in touch anyway, but... but he still didn't want to be remembered this way by him.

He, too, wished to be a special memory.

For whatever reason, Jungkook keeps coming back.

He finds Jimin at the most random places.

He manages to squeeze himself into the moment and traps Jimin in a conversation, story, joke or just... his eyes. God, Jimin must be out of his fucking mind. He is there again, failing to keep a straight face as the young man does something unbearably silly — like making him close his eyes and count to fifteen to clean the mess in his living room, or feeding him ice cream from the passenger seat, or... asking him on a date.

"I think you are very beautiful," Jungkook delivers right into his soul, gaze unwavering as he caresses Jimin's cheek.

Even this is too much from someone Jimin is about to turn down a minute later, but he lets Jungkook make him blush and look at him like he is ready to fall already. Because Jungkook doesn't just compliment, he compliments Jimin. He doesn't just flirt, he flirts with Jimin, like his words wouldn't make sense in no shape or form if they were uttered to someone else.

But Jungkook has no idea who Jimin is, and probably wouldn't be this careless about asking someone like Jimin out. He is young and handsome; he has a great future ahead of him. He would easily pick up anybody, he would easily be happier than with Jimin.

So Jimin swallows the lump in his throat and tries not to let the blues and greys paint his features. He puts on a smile and retreats from the sparkles, lets the world settle back into its colors, lets gravity click back into its place.

It's time for him to step back to his place in the backdrop.

He'll treasure this memory too. Even if it lasted shorter than he wished for, it was still nice to be someone's main lead. Don't call him pathetic, but it was even better because that someone was Jeon Jungkook.

Jimin smiles, lingering his eyes an extra second at the figure of the young man gathering the dessert plate he knocked off inside the coffee shop. A calm but fresh breeze combs through Jimin's hair then, making his eyelashes flutter and his hands tighten around the straps of his backpack.

It always appears when Jungkook is around, Jimin's favorite type of weather.

"Ha, I predicted it! What did I tell you guys?!"

"It doesn't count!"

"Mah, are you calling Monster Pitcher a feud?!"

"Aboji, you know we're gonna take the win anyway!"

"Hush, all of you! You're hurting my ladybug's ears, isn't it Byeongie-ah? Aren't they too loud, auntie's ladybug?"

"Just wait and see! Byeongie is gonna be a baseball player like his Ru Hyun-jin uncle! Ha ha ha!"

"My Park Byeongie is going to become a lawyer. He won't have time to run after some stupid ball."

Jimin can't stop giggling around a cracker as Sungwoon family bickers as usual, this time about a baseball game that plays on TV. As usual, Sungwoon is supporting the opposite team as his father's. He loves teasing his dad to the point that the man curses, a loud ruckus breaking out when his mom tells them off for tainting Byeong's ears with filth.