L x Vampire! Reader // PART 1

Start from the beginning

"Were....Were you the bat I brought in last night...?"

He finally sputters, and you connect the dots before feeling absolutely mortified, knowing he had probably picked you up and brought you in, probably thinking you were an animal in need of rescue. Awfully sweet of him to do that for what he thought was an injured bat, but for you it was nothing but absolutley embarrassing. So much for vampires being known as dignified.

"....I passed out in the stairwell?"

"I know I brought a bat in last night and put it out on the balcony before going to bed."

He answers, and you feel an immense heat on your face as you imagine how that scenario played out. Clearly not only did you try and fly home like an idiot, you probably hit a wall by accident in the stairwell, fell, and didn't move from that afterwards, or even transform back.

"I mean.....In that case...Thanks, I guess."

You mumble, holding onto your elbow while you keep your eyes averted.

"Well....You're free to go if you like.."

He says after a second or two of silence, treating the fact that a vampire was in his living room incredibly casually now, keeping a fairly monotone front after the initial shock wore off. You sigh at his suggestion, knowing how disgustingly sunny it was out before you speak.

"Beleive me I'd like to, but in this weather? No way. Not in these clothes at least."

You answer, and he shifts lightly, scratching the back of his leg with his foot for a moment.

"So....I'm sorry, but I have to stay inside for the day, and if it's alright with you I'd like to stay here. Unless....You know, you'd rather me wait out on the stairwell..."

You continue, seeing his face shift to a light discomfort at your suggestion. He certainly didn't seem the type to have guests over often, and he frowns slightly before responding, considering his answer.

"Fine."

He begins, and you give him a genuine smile, flashing a set of sharp fangs.

"Thanks for officially inviting me in~"

You wink, almost in a flirtatious tone while he tenses, seemingly a bit nervous about what you had said, clearly rethinking his wording. A little nervous, you see him shift his focus quickly towards the next thing that caught his attention from where he was standing.

"I suppose I should get that towel and water container back in...It doesn't seem as though we'll be needing it out there."

He suddenly says, probably as a way to escape the conversation as well as physically avoid you before opening the screen door, making the curtains billow out for a moment, allowing light to flood in.

Before you could even react, a beam of sun hits you right across one of your forearms, causing you to instantly recoil in pain.

"Ah! Ow! Owww....ngh, god that hurts."

You suddenly yelp, clutching your arm as your skin quickly becomes red and incredibly irritated, smoking a little after it had touched the sunlight.

"For the love of god please close the door."

You beg, speaking through gritted teeth while you step back, and he does so quickly but doesn't say a word, looking over at you while he stays close to the curtains.

"Now do you see why I can't just leave? I'm sorry but on a day like today I'm stuck here until the sun goes back down."

You hiss, feeling an immense burning pain and now incredibly irritated. He doesn't immediately respond as you see him shift slightly, before he manages to mumble something to you.