L x Vampire! Reader // PART 1

Start from the beginning

Freezing at the sound of an intruder, I look at the doorway, allowing a million thoughts to run through my mind before debating to go out and see what...Or rather who it was. For a brief moment, I think about calling Watari and having him send a security team, but I only hear one set of footsteps, and they seemed light. I suppose if worst came to worst, I could always take it as an opportunity to practice some capoira...

Quietly standing up and making sure to step over to the door as softly as I can, I crack it open to see a small figure, her hands firmly on the curtains as she looks around the room, seemingly lost.

"What the hell? Where am I??"

She mutters, glancing out at the where I had put the filing box, making sure to peek through the curtains so no light shone through.

"Ugh.....I am way too hungover for this..."

She mutters, as I step out of the doorway only slightly, figuring she wasn't a huge threat to my safety. As soon as I do this, she freezes, almost as if she knew I was here the moment I entered the room.

"H-hello?"

She questions, turning around before meeting my gaze, gasping and jumping back slightly from surprise.

"W-Who are you? Why am I here?"

She continues rather sharply, and I feel quite confused before opening my mouth to at least try and provide some kind of an answer, but she interjects me before I even can.

"...We didn't hook up or anything last night right?"

She suddebly asks seriously, and I feel an immediate heat jump to my face at the unexpected question while she looks at me with two piercing (e/c) eyes.

"What?! N-No, Who are you? This is my apartment you're in."

I stammer, feeling just a bit flustered before she rubs her eyes with a single hand, her fingernails painted with a glossy black polish.

"Look. The last thing I remember was trying to get home after maybe having one too many with some friends last night, and then the next thing I knew I was woken up by the sun almost frying me on a random balcony. So I'm just trying to piece together where you come in, and why exactly I'm in your apartment, because I certainly don't remember coming here."

She shoots at me, and I tilt my head, walking over before looking at the box I had left out, bringing the curtain aside with an index finger and thumb. Not only was it almost flattened, but the water was spilled in the rush of her getting inside. No bat to be seen however.

"How...Did you get up to the balcony?"

I ask, not believing what my mind was inevitablely connecting the dots to, while she takes a step back, clearly avoiding the beam of sunlight i had allowed in.

"I told you, I don't remember. Last place I remember being in was a stairwell. At least, I thought it was my apartment buildings stairwell."

She answers, and I instantly remember last night when I found that bat exactly where she supposedly last remembered being, looking back at the filing box as thoughts run through my mind.

This has to be a dream. How sleep deprived can I possibly be? I know I got at least a few hours last night.....Maybe I haven't woken up yet. There's absolutely no way a vampire is standing in the middle of my living room.

~♡~Your POV~♡~

You look towards the dark haired individual across from you, and he seemed lost in thought with a slightly stunned expression on his face, his dark eyes still locked on the box you woke up in this morning.